August 17, 2018, 03:05:25 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Painting Crab Pots...  (Read 1969 times)
LilRascal2

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2017, 02:50:50 PM »

I currently have galvanized 1.5 x 1.5 Crab Pots that I put in the water for a bit to knock the shine off them and to get ready for paint. I have always heard to just stick with the " Flexabar " paint for dipping/painting. But I have heard of people using Exterior paint and adding algaecide or a weed killer... I just wanted to try and see if anyone on here has tried these methods and if so how did it work... or just any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Again fellow crabbers & best of luck to all!     
profire31

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 12:00:53 PM »

I have not heard of using the house paint but do have friends that tried adding weed killer to the pot paint.  Short story was it didn't work as that's not how it's made to be used.  The only thing I can find is to just deal with it.  Not fun at all.

If you find out anything different please share.
Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 01:26:11 PM »

I  don't know the brand but I know commercial crabbers that buy outdoor house paint from home depot that has some sort of algaecide in it. It is less expensive and just as effective. They only paint  the bottoms now and not the entire pot where the crabs apparently walk most of it off. I guess I could say the first floor of the trap is what is painted from what I've seen. Even at that the pots are still cleaned on board weekly with a 4400 psi power washer .

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home