February 23, 2018, 07:00:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Razor clams and the quality of crabs  (Read 382 times)
im2fast4you33

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2017, 09:43:44 AM »

Had anyone been able to make a correlation between using clams, and the quality of crabs they catch?  There may be none at all.  Didn't know if they bring out more big guys, or smalls, more whites and paper?  I'm curious...ive been using clams but never did make a correlation in my experience, but I havnt been using them for more than like a year or 2
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 10:02:34 AM »

Early season I see a difference between quality and quantity.  Once the water warms up, I don't se as much of a difference and usually not enough of a difference to warrant the extra money for them.  Just my experience.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
im2fast4you33

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 11:37:57 AM »

Early season I see a difference between quality and quantity.  Once the water warms up, I don't se as much of a difference and usually not enough of a difference to warrant the extra money for them.  Just my experience.

Got ya.  I was curious.  I usually use clams this early but I used chicken last week.  I caught a TON of muddy crabs that were about a 1/8th of an inch from legal.  Looked to be waiting for a shed.  But almost nothing at all above 5.5 inches.  Didn't know if clams would change thag

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home