August 20, 2018, 06:01:48 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Smyrna Beach Florida north causeway docks 5-29-2017  (Read 4773 times)
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2017, 01:18:24 PM »

I stopped at the north causeway Buena Vista Park on Memorial Day. The parking lot was full and had to look for a spot to park That has never happened to me before.
The dock was full of people fishing but I didn't see them catching too much. One fella did have a respectable Black Drum that he had caught earlier.
There were two people crabbing with 7 ring traps baited with Mullet in the water. One of the guys said he had been there since 6am and had a half of a large cooler full of crabs. He told me he had even given some crabs away! The crabs were all about 5 to 6 inches. He had been fishing the incoming tide that changed around 12:16 or about 2 pm at the park. He has done the best of anyone I have seen crabbing this year!

Retired in paradise!
FuntasticK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 01:33:02 PM »

Thanks for the info!  Grin We've been trying to catch crabs ever since moving to FL a yr and a half ago with no such luck.  Cry We'll have to give this spot a go.  I guess the trick is to go early in the morning also.  
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 02:53:27 PM »

good luck , go get em

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
blueswmer

The other seafood

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 09:34:21 AM »

Thanks for the info!  Grin We've been trying to catch crabs ever since moving to FL a yr and a half ago with no such luck.  Cry We'll have to give this spot a go.  I guess the trick is to go early in the morning also.  

The causeway bridges have also been doing well from Merritt Island down to Melbourne Mornings and also evening into the night with lights and a dip net

A wise Man always learns from a Fool

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home