October 22, 2018, 06:43:41 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6-21-2017 New Smyrna Beach FL north causeway Buena Vista Park  (Read 496 times)
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2017, 03:48:58 PM »

I dropped my five topless traps in the water off the smaller south dock at 2 pm right around the incoming tide start. One other crabber on scene. In 2 hours I got 4 crabs then I relocated to the larger main dock at 4 pm to give that one a try. I stayed another 2 hours and caught 3 more crabs. I was using a single chicken neck per trap and they were getting rather used up by the time I left. There was about four more crabbers at the main dock and space was at a minimum. All in all a productive trip and I was satisfied. I was using square topless traps with drop down doors. I was dropping the traps straight down alongside the dock. The rest of the crabbers were using the ring traps and throwing them out away from the dock. They were doing better than I was!
I also caught a lot of small crabs that were all released to grow bigger. I did catch two small Blue Crabs that were red in color but they had big claws compared to their body size. Unusual!I also caught one Jacknife Fish that was released.

Retired in paradise!
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 05:35:24 PM »

Nice report . hope it gets better for you

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 11:17:26 AM »

Nice report. I had to look up the picture of a jackknife fish, very cool looking fish.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home