May 27, 2018, 11:53:56 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indian River or further south?  (Read 915 times)
syoung_1854

Ignore
« on: July 19, 2017, 06:03:43 PM »

Never crabbed Delaware, stick mostly to Jersey.  Staying with some friends next month in Bethany and I'll be damned if I'm sitting on the beach all day, figured I'd drag the boat down and crab.  Not too familiar with the area, and the reports are scarce, but most seem to focus on Indian River.  Any reason to not go below Bethany up tributaries and skinny water off Little Bay or Little Assawoman Bay?  How about the canal, is that deemed a "channel" so its off limits to dropping a line of 20 traps?  Looks crabby from google earth, but then so does my back yard.  Help!
PaulyCrabber

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 11:21:05 PM »

You can barely boat in the canal let alone crab,its very narrow.I haven't been out yet this year,but have done well in the Little Assawoman.I can't speak for other areas,but Power plant does taper off when the water gets too warm
syoung_1854

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 01:58:31 PM »

Thanks for the advice.  Have heard a lot about that power plant area, but nothing about the timing and temps.  August sounds like a good time to steer clear of there.  Looks like I can launch from Assawoman wild life area with state boat ramp permit so that should work too.  If nothing else should be fun adventure with the kids on new waters!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home