May 24, 2018, 01:54:16 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MD Rec Crabbers - Lookout!  (Read 40226 times)
rock n crab
In Memoriam 11/2016

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 12:15:10 PM »

George Luongo can kiss my @$$... 300'..........

20' SeaMark CC 90HP Honda
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006, 02:05:02 PM »

George Luongo can kiss my @$$... 300'..........
He's just looking out for his intrests, now y'all have to look out for yours

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
nanjemoycat

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006, 02:47:39 PM »

No more rules, regulations or laws need to be changed.  Inforce the one we got already.  Nothing irks me more than a rec. running more gear than allowed, than to top that off you see the same ones shuttling crabs to shore or another boat.  The average joe, out with 1200' of line and stopping at his limit has very little impact.  It's the uncounted catch that is then sold on the open market that effects the crab stocks and comm. wallets.  I guess its just like anything else, that actions of the few condemn the many.
Geckert

John Martin Linde Jr.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006, 05:07:50 PM »

BI I hope your group works out in the long run I honestly do. I hear so many recs complaining about this and that(comms too) but yet nothing gets done except bitching. I agree that something has to be done but I do not think it has to be, or even would be, near as drastic as what is proposed. I will be the first one to tell you there needs to be something done about the peeler fishery. The first to tell you the size should be 5 1/2 all year I wont complain about the hours. I will also be the first to agree that they need to enforce the laws already in existance but since there are not enough funds going to DNR to even maintain their boats I dont see that happening. The state has the funds to build sound barriers around new developements because people are complaing that the highway that they just moved in next to is noisy I say [frick] THEM it was there when you moved dumbass.They should use that money to fix the DNR problem or the mosquito spraying or deer neutering all worthless. The reason for the overpopulation is people move in and do not want bambi shot. I say  rifle
. Like I said good luck with it.

I now have a list.
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 06:14:57 PM »

If the price of gas keeps going up, this all will be a moot issue.

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

Geckert

John Martin Linde Jr.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 06:36:11 PM »

Do you have a moot button on that cowbell? laugh

I now have a list.
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 07:01:08 PM »

Do you have a moot button on that cowbell? laugh

No, but I got one for your mouf.... laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
Black Irish

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 10:47:54 PM »

Geckert, thanks for the well wishes. We will succeed. We are being backed into a corner so we have no choice other than to fight. There will be a period of push and shove. Then things will settle down and we will act like grown men and maybe do something about the peelers and minimum crab size together. I speak for our group when I say we're not out to start a war. What we want is an equal voice for the rec crabbers.
Crab A Lot

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 11:48:39 PM »

Black Irish,

I feel the same way you do about the WMA controling what laws should regulate the rec crabbers,there should be a representative there from the rec crabbers present at every MWA meetings this would be a fair and more of a just way to work out problems, not just a one sided deal!!

Also i don't think any rec crabber would object to keeping a daily log on how many crabs they catch,this would be a more accurate count on how many crabs are being caught.

You Br should be the rec crabbers representative as you seem very verse on the subject.

Crab a lot! 

Talking is the only way to work out this problem rec/comm crabbers,we all have to share the Chesapeake Bay

Chesapeake Bay Crabs are the best!!!!!!!!
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 07:17:35 AM »

What is the problem with the peeler fishery up there, and i thought that MWA was Maryland Watermans Association, just asking and learning

- John Wayne

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 07:26:21 AM »

RD,
Our peeler inductry is made up mostly of immature females that haven't mated yet, litrle sore for many people. However, it is a very large industry and one that would be hard to tackle......less that's what I'm thinking.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2006, 07:38:22 AM »

I was wondering what the problem is when April 1st came there where so many sooks that the price went to 8 $ a bushel so its not like you can catch them all up, right now we have plenty of peelers but the jimmys are carrying them so you don't get to catch the peelers or the jimmys, they have other things on their mind besides eating Wink

- John Wayne
Geckert

John Martin Linde Jr.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006, 07:40:18 AM »

RD its no so much a problem here in the upper section of md more in southern md and va where the peeler fishery is a totally seperate fishery. also most of the peelers that seem to be females which we al know are the backbone to this industry espicially immature female peelers. I know I used to buy close to 10,000 a day during the runs from just 3 guys down there. so yes I believe the peeler fishery is a problem but the MWA I am sure wont do anything about that fishery since it is a profitable one.

I now have a list.
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2006, 07:46:38 AM »

I still don't see a problem with a good fishery that is profitable and can sustain itself and its obvious that it does, all the studies i have readsay theres no problem, rockfish have a lot more impact than fishermen do

- John Wayne
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2006, 08:48:54 AM »

I still don't see a problem with a good fishery that is profitable and can sustain itself and its obvious that it does, all the studies i have read say theres no problem, rockfish have a lot more impact than fishermen do
RD     Up &  until 2 years ago, the Biologists claimed that Rochfish didn't consume enough crabs to cause a concern....     Now according to Biologist, Rockfish consume large numbers of crabs....    Go figure....

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!

DTownCrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2006, 11:36:02 AM »

BI is actively working this also on TF, this is a post that someone else threw out as far as contact info....I am just posting it here for anyone interested.....don't shoot the messenger  Grin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The recreational crabbers and fisherman do have a voice here.
it is called the Sportfish Advisory Comittee, it is the recreational counterpart to the Tidalfish advisory comittee.
here is the list and the contact info, for those who have concerns about these issues here is where to go and contact

for those of you that have concerns here is the info & now is the time to make the contacts and express your concerns where it can make a difference

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/recreational/sfac.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPORT FISH ADVISORY COMMISSION (SFAC) Page

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/recreational/sfac.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Through the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) 08.01.01, Title 08 DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES, Subtitle 01 OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY, Chapter 01 Advisory Committees Authority: Natural Resources Article, 1-102, 1-105, and 4-204, Annotated Code of Maryland 4-204 the Sport Fish Advisory Commission has the duty of advising the Director of Fisheries Service on all matters referred to the commission by the Director.SFAC is comprised of individuals from across the State whom represent the interests of various constituencies in recreational fisheries. They meet at the Tawes State Office Building in Annapolis, Maryland on the schedule on the right sidebar.

Diane R. Baynard
305 Starr Road
Centreville, MD 21617
Office: 410-758-1162
Fax: 410-758-0824
E-mail: [email protected]

Michael F. Critzer
City of Rockville Recreation and Parks Department
14625 Rothgeb Drive Rockville, MD 20850
Home: 301-253-5605
Office: 204-314-8703
Fax: 204-314-8719

David B. Dansberger
2003 Twin Lakes Drive
Jarrettsville, MD 21084
E-Mail [email protected]

Brenda Foster
307 Broadmoor Road Baltimore, Maryland 21212 Tel: 410-532-2324
E-Mail: [email protected]

Richard Gaines,
Vice Chairman
205 Meadow View Lane
Queenstown, MD 21658
Home: 410-827-7210
Fax: 410-827-4865

James H. Gilford,
Chairman
7003 Glen Court
Frederick, MD 21702
Tel. (301) 663-3966
E-Mail: [email protected]

John D. Marple
Box 156
McHenry, MD 21541
Home: 301-387-4140

Edward O'Brien
7790 Dentzel Court
Chesapeake Beach, MD 20732
Home: 301-855-8076
Office: 410-741-5609
Fax: 301-855-0944

Mark Sampson
10418 Exeter Road
Ocean City, MD 21842
Office 410-213-2442

James L. Smith
365 Deer Drive
Lusby, MD 20657
Home: 410-326-1906
Office: 301-773-1722

William T. Windley, Jr.
512 Bethel Church Road
North East, MD 21901
Home: 410-287-6993
Fax: 410-398-0528

Willaim W. Carrier, Esq.
3931 Dance Mill Road
Phoenix, MD 21131
W-410-752-9721
email: [email protected]

Why ask WYE...MUMBO'S BABY!!
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 12:23:07 AM »

RD     Up &  until 2 years ago, the Biologists claimed that Rochfish didn't consume enough crabs to cause a concern....     Now according to Biologist, Rockfish consume large numbers of crabs....    Go figure....
Well the Marine Biologist learned his trade in collage, i learned mine playing with fish and crabs,rockfish,red drum black drum,all groupers and  bonnet head sharks love a crab almost as much as they love baby sea turtles

- John Wayne
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2006, 02:24:46 AM »

I'm with ya RD!!! Smiley

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2006, 08:45:55 AM »

Who has the final rule making authority for blue crabs and gear up there

- John Wayne
HenPot
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2006, 09:33:05 AM »

Who has the final rule making authority for blue crabs and gear up there

The US one dollar bill

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: