September 23, 2018, 12:01:50 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steaming shrimp with crabs  (Read 1688 times)
First Light

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2017, 10:30:48 PM »

Put jumbo shrimp in orange mesh bags stuffed with onions and garlic and tie up with a snood (all clean unused of course) and let steam the last 15 minutes with your crabs and you will have some of the best steamed shrimp you'll have ever tried. Something about the apple cider vinegar that makes it right.....YUM!
shedking
Lifetime Member

Weeziana crabbing

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 12:34:43 AM »

Sounds legit. I'm going crabbing later this week and have some frozen shrimp. That's a must try

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 07:34:41 AM »

Steam crabs but shrimp are best boiled. lemons ,onion, pepper corns old bay jo what ever you like. Bring water to a full rolling boil, add shrimp,amount don't make a differance. When the water retuns to a full rolling boil shrimp are done to perfection, they taste better peel easier and it takes less time.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 07:38:21 AM »

THANKS

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
tbishop

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 04:02:31 PM »

I always use VINGAR (red wine) when I boil my shrimps, does make them great! Plus you have to add a beer, old bay, lemon and of course water.

rg34unme

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 04:21:55 AM »

Steam crabs but shrimp are best boiled. lemons ,onion, pepper corns old bay jo what ever you like. Bring water to a full rolling boil, add shrimp,amount don't make a differance. When the water retuns to a full rolling boil shrimp are done to perfection, they taste better peel easier and it takes less time.
I usually do steam them ,I just tried it in with the crabs to avoid having multiple pots to clean and it was as good or better than boiling, IMO.....they taste outstanding with the onions and garlic together.Can give that one an A+ recommendation for sure.

"Treasure the Chesapeake"
Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 08:17:16 PM »

I prefer boiling shrimp too. I boil them until the shell just breaks from the meat by taking one out and looking straight down the shrimp where the head was cut off. When the meat just separates from the shell they are done. Like looking down your finger nail at the space between your nail and skin. Too big of a space means you shrunk them. No space means they are not quite done.Steaming can be tricky. The ones in the middle can be raw while the ones on the bottom are done. You have to keep stirring them to try to get them right. With boiling, they are surrounded by the same water temp and cook evenly.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 10:16:35 PM »

I prefer boiling shrimp too. I boil them until the shell just breaks from the meat by taking one out and looking straight down the shrimp where the head was cut off. When the meat just separates from the shell they are done. Like looking down your finger nail at the space between your nail and skin. Too big of a space means you shrunk them. No space means they are not quite done.Steaming can be tricky. The ones in the middle can be raw while the ones on the bottom are done. You have to keep stirring them to try to get them right. With boiling, they are surrounded by the same water temp and cook evenly.

Never tried it because we either eat one or the other. Never had both at one setting. Shrimp is the substitute for crabs when they aren't available.

Steam or boiling crabs or shrinp, either way, the meat has to be tasty and firm. Too much and they are too tough and rubber like. To little, you'll know it as soon as you chew it.   Cooking crabs and shrimp takes experience. Nothing worse then having seafood that doesn't taste right.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home