October 23, 2018, 07:35:26 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: oven baked crabs  (Read 2675 times)
fshman

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2017, 02:10:26 PM »

I cook crabs in oven and notice meat gets mushy and I take them out as soon as they turn red? any ideas why?
discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 02:37:48 PM »

Not sure I can help you with why they are mushy, and not sure if you are baking them with the shell on and for how long, but here is a similar way you can do them and they will turn out fine.

If you have a gas grill, preheat to 350 ish. Take shell off your crab and clean out the inside. On a double layer of tinfoil, make a pan, and lay your crabs on the tinfoil pan. Then you can season them with old bay or JO, or you can make a seasoned butter by melting stick of butter and add your seasonings to the butter and pour all over the crabs. Grill / bake them for 20 minutes and they should turn out just fine.

Also, check out the Grilled Crab post on Oct 10, 2016. More good info for you.

https://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php?topic=57585.msg568198#msg568198
Crabcruncher

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 08:26:13 PM »

I cook crabs in oven and notice meat gets mushy and I take them out as soon as they turn red? any ideas why?

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you cleaned the crabs and didn't bake them until the next day.

Kreskin the Magnificent

Say brother....can you spare a crab...
Mutzy crab man
Lifetime Member

9-1/8th 7-31-08 Wye

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 08:49:48 PM »

Pull the shell off,take the back off clean the dead man and clean the inside.put all your crabs on a cookie sheet.Stuff with a little chopped garlic.some bread crumbs,squeeze some lemon,drizzle some olive oil and just a little fresh parsley..Don't forget the oil,cause you will be dipping your garlic bread... Wink bake for about 15 20 min(what I do is test a claw)...........never have a problem.......

ENJOY  Cool

Outta the river an into my pot...FUHGEDDABOUDIT..
shedking
Lifetime Member

Weeziana crabbing

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 09:16:35 PM »

Pull the shell off,take the back off clean the dead man and clean the inside.put all your crabs on a cookie sheet.Stuff with a little chopped garlic.some bread crumbs,squeeze some lemon,drizzle some olive oil and just a little fresh parsley..Don't forget the oil,cause you will be dipping your garlic bread... Wink bake for about 15 20 min(what I do is test a claw)...........never have a problem.......

ENJOY  Cool
Sounds awesome

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.

discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 07:56:46 AM »

Pull the shell off,take the back off clean the dead man and clean the inside.put all your crabs on a cookie sheet.Stuff with a little chopped garlic.some bread crumbs,squeeze some lemon,drizzle some olive oil and just a little fresh parsley..Don't forget the oil,cause you will be dipping your garlic bread... Wink bake for about 15 20 min(what I do is test a claw)...........never have a problem....

I think you should do a batch of these at the Wye Party.  Grin thumbsup thumbsup laugh laugh
Mutzy crab man
Lifetime Member

9-1/8th 7-31-08 Wye

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 04:14:28 PM »

I think you should do a batch of these at the Wye Party.  Grin thumbsup thumbsup laugh laugh
I tried it on a BBQ..not the same as on oven??

Outta the river an into my pot...FUHGEDDABOUDIT..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home