February 23, 2018, 03:19:00 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Used Commercial Crab Pots  (Read 428 times)
warrenk21
Supporting Member

Hobo crabber for life

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2017, 02:45:17 PM »

I am considering buying a few used commercial crab pots. Is there any reason not to buy them? Do new or old pots tend to catch better. I am just curious as I havent been able to find much on the forums and I dont have a ton of cash for all new equipment. I have never run pots before. How long does a typical pot last in the bay? Any input would be great. Cheers.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 03:07:23 PM »

I am considering buying a few used commercial crab pots. Is there any reason not to buy them? Do new or old pots tend to catch better. I am just curious as I havent been able to find much on the forums and I dont have a ton of cash for all new equipment. I have never run pots before. How long does a typical pot last in the bay? Any input would be great. Cheers.

Warren

Do you hold a commercial crabbing license?  If not, commercial pots are illegal for recreational use.

As for used pots, if the price is reasonable and the frame work and mesh is in good shape, used pots would be a good way to get started.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
warrenk21
Supporting Member

Hobo crabber for life

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 03:45:38 PM »

Leasing LCC starting september 1. There is a lot of info that I guess I have to finally jump in to find out.
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 04:23:12 PM »

Last time I heard a price on a pot was a year or so ago: a standard Eddie Heath hex wire pot with stainless hog rings and 1/2" x 1/2" tall bait box was $23. Then you have to add a rebar frame for weight (about 3 different sizes available), zincs (about 3 sizes available) bait box door, rope, cull rings, floats and paint.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home