May 25, 2018, 08:37:11 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Etiquette  (Read 845 times)
John Barn

Ignore
« on: August 23, 2017, 02:47:12 PM »

Hi, i went to a dock where a guy had all spots covered, about 15 traps. I left but would it have been ok for me to use my drop lines in between his traps?
John Barn

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 03:00:10 PM »

Got it, check search. Thanks
r_ventura_23

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 03:04:26 PM »

Yes.  He does not own the dock.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 08:04:13 PM »

Yes.  He does not own the dock.

Think I would discuss it with the other crabber. Some people now days are easy to deal with and others, well look in the news. People are losing their minds these days.
CaptainMike

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 02:28:33 AM »

Dock crabbing 101.   ( For Waretown and Barnegat area's and I feel for other area's I'm sure)  When arriving feel people and area's out. ie: say good morning ask if there catching anything What there using for bait, how long they have been there?  This will help you to make a new friend and to process your possibility of a better catch. NOW ask how long he intends to stay? Every good crabber I've ever met will work with you if you are polite and nice!  I usually start early ,early morning and no one's there and I'll work any area of the docks that are catching. If some one comes to crab and I have the dock trapped out I will pull traps in areas to help them out! If you wanted to hand line under the trap I'm throwing out 10 - 20 feet  I would have NO problem!!! And as stated NO ONE OWNS THE DOCK but don't get into a fight over it !!!  I've found some really great areas by leaving the Jerks and trying different areas. Most of all its about having fun and enjoying yourself.

ThreeCrabs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 08:59:02 PM »

I agree with Evinrude and CaptainMike. I think if you just drop your line on top of his traps,  you will have a miserable time crabbing there. To me, I'd rather have a great day of crabbing and catching little than be completely miserable crabbing next to someone who isn't thrilled I'm there. So sparking up some conversation can go a long way.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home