October 18, 2018, 07:17:46 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Irma visit MD?  (Read 3158 times)
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2017, 11:09:29 AM »

Just saw this article on Irma. Guess we'll have to just keep an eye out on it's progression.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/31/us/hurricane-irma-forecast-weather/index.html
soggybottomboyz

Obama STILL SUCKS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 03:01:36 PM »

I hope it heads this way, shake things up a bit.

"I am the reason there is a daily limit and I do not use orange plastic baskets ALL the time".
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 03:33:38 PM »

If it comes close it could end crabbin this season.
bassman349

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 03:35:26 PM »

If it does a number on us like Agnes did, it will screw up the bay for years.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 04:05:11 PM »

Just saw this article on Irma. Guess we'll have to just keep an eye out on it's progression.

You haven't been around long enough to know that I got Atlantic Hurricanes covered here on the BCA.  Wink Grin  Waiting for the euro hurricane model on Tuesday.  Smiley

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 06:38:57 PM »

You haven't been around long enough to know that I got Atlantic Hurricanes covered here on the BCA.  Wink Grin  Waiting for the euro hurricane model on Tuesday.  Smiley

You see the Euro prediction in that article I posted. The Euro was also correct with Sandy. Tuesday's forecast should shed better light on what's projected by the Euro prediction.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 08:54:32 PM »

If it comes close it could end crabbin this season.

not necessarily.  Isabel did wonders for us.  We slayed them for the rest of that year and the entire next season.  It was a crappy season until ,she came up the bay and pushed them up the rivers.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 06:52:30 AM »

Forecast from the leaders of Fake News Networks. CNN.

NOAA put out a disclaimer, Saying do not believe any forecasts unless coming from them. (NOAA)
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 10:22:47 AM »

Seems there is a person who follows weather on another forum. Here is what he posted.

Morning GFS run shifted slightly back west with the eye just off OC on Sat night and then making landfall around wildwood NJ Sun AM.

Canadian has it off the coast missing us but slower with it off NC here next Tuesday

Euro has it making landfall around Charlestown/Myrtle SC next Tuesday

so there is no consensus on timing or track yet but the east coast must watch this powerful storm.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 02:07:29 PM by Seanile » Logged
suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 12:35:40 PM »

Well, crud, [curd], boo-hiss - guess who has plans to finally go to the beach next week? Yep, me bigcry

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.

lreops
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 02:22:49 PM »

I'll be waiting to hear from our own senior ( And I mean Senior) meteorologist Jack, as he always gives the complete run down and is usually right on the mark.

Ron

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun
shedking
Lifetime Member

Weeziana crabbing

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 04:54:46 PM »

At least it isn't snow.

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 07:15:33 AM »

If it does there is nothing you can do about it except get out of the way. If you decide to stay and watch  to see what happens next then do what the officials told Texans to do. Write your name and ss# on your arm with a magic marker so they know who you are when they find your body.
Crabbin Fever
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 12:01:36 PM »

If it does there is nothing you can do about it except get out of the way. If you decide to stay and watch  to see what happens next then do what the officials told Texans to do. Write your name and ss# on your arm with a magic marker so they know who you are when they find your body.
Listen to the government, that's a good one!!!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

One in the basket is better than two in the water!
shedking
Lifetime Member

Weeziana crabbing

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 12:28:42 PM »

Listen to the government, that's a good one!!!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
That's reassuring coming from someone in government.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Huh

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.

Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 02:39:45 PM »

Then don't write your name on your arm. Let the government figure out who you are without it. So what if it takes a week? If you're dead you wont be in any hurry . Right ? laugh
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 04:29:35 PM »

Personally, that person recommending info on the arm was only half correct. He should have also recommended wearing a PFD , so the rescuers could find the body easier.

Meteorologists still do not have a clear picture on Irma yet from what I've read. Time will tell. But being prepared is a good thing for folks. Reserve gas for generators, Food and drinking water supplies, and moving things now from low areas is a no brainer.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/04/us/hurricane-irma-puerto-rico-florida/index.html

On a side note, bet there are a lot of surfers waiting to see how the surf is and where's the best area to surf in, SMH.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 07:08:32 PM by evinrude 130 » Logged
Hardshell Tony

Anyone who has crabs lacks nothing.Crabs r enough

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 12:56:36 PM »

CNN really? That's very telling. About what I figured.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 02:35:37 PM »

CNN really? That's very telling. About what I figured.

They have reported what other media has reported.  Weather charts are produced by Meteorologists.  CNN is slanted in other areas, but they can't slant what the charts say.  Not sure what you figured, but Irma is real.
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 03:46:18 PM »

not trying to offend but the point would be, i believe, is that CNN,referred to as the Clinton news network is slanted very liberal and the followers of that network the same, maybe.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home