January 23, 2018, 10:57:19 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Irma visit MD?  (Read 1914 times)
Crabbin Fever
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 03:18:56 PM »

Then don't write your name on your arm. Let the government figure out who you are without it. So what if it takes a week? If you're dead you wont be in any hurry . Right ? laugh
Like Al said, I am in the government. I made that statement because I know how screwed up it is.

One in the basket is better than two in the water!
Crabbin Fever
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 03:23:43 PM »

not trying to offend but the point would be, i believe, is that CNN,referred to as the Clinton news network is slanted very liberal and the followers of that network the same, maybe.
I concur.  thumbsup

One in the basket is better than two in the water!
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 03:35:06 PM »

I concur.  thumbsup

Come across as a doctor, LOL.

Funny about CNN being all about some politician.  Tunnel vision can be a good or bad thing, depending on your personality.  Forming opinions about what folks read or watch is part of the problem with today's society. I just read for the story. As I read other media outlets also.

If only the media could slant the weather . Bad enough all media does is cause panic in these storm scenarios. Home Depot and other supply stores make a killing off bad storms.  Folks shouldn't become paranoid over any media outlet reporting the weather or weather related info. Adding a political slant to a story where folks  have lost everything from a storm  is not the time.

Hoping the meteorologist are spot on with the storm so folks can be prepared. Also hope it goes out to sea, with only storm surges to deal with. But it is Hurricane season, so staying informed is a vital.  
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 06:28:32 AM »

not trying to offend but the point would be, i believe, is that CNN,referred to as the Clinton news network is slanted very liberal and the followers of that network the same, maybe.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 08:38:51 AM »

Still no definite ideas on where Irma goes after Florida. If it goes west after Florida, Wow.

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 12:23:14 PM »

Story on Sunspot," Prodigious" is the word used to describe rainfall for MD.   Hope they are wrong..

Hurricane Irma: Potential for 'prodigious' rainfall in Maryland, forecasters say

" pro·di·gious"

/prəˈdijəs/

adjective

adjective: prodigious

remarkably or impressively great in extent, size, or degree.
"the stove consumed a prodigious amount of fuel"

synonyms: enormous, huge, colossal, immense, vast, great, massive, gigantic, mammoth, tremendous, inordinate, monumental; More
amazing, astonishing, astounding, staggering, stunning, remarkable, phenomenal, terrific, miraculous, impressive, striking, startling, sensational, spectacular, extraordinary, exceptional, breathtaking, incredible;

informalhumongous, stupendous, fantastic, fabulous, mega, awesome, ginormous;

literarywondrous

"prodigious quantities of food"

antonyms: small, unexceptional

archaic
unnatural or abnormal.
"rumors of prodigious happenings, such as monstrous births"

synonyms: enormous, huge, colossal, immense, vast, great, massive, gigantic, mammoth, tremendous, inordinate, monumental; More

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2017, 09:18:18 PM »

Some latest info on Irma

Euro has it going into Miami and then back out to sean and second landfall around Charleston. GFS has it skimming the east coast of Fla and making landfall near Myrtle.

Notice GFS has is stronger storm since it stays off the FLA coast. This would be worst case since it will skim the coast and his Charleston SC area as a stronger storm.

Neither Crab
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 05:09:28 AM »

Personally, that person recommending info on the arm was only half correct.                                                               (He should have also recommended wearing a PFD , so the rescuers could find the body easier.)

I agree with you 100% on that . I wear a self inflated PFD at "all times" on a watercraft . When I was stopped last week by a Maryland Marine DNR Officer I was surprised he wasn't wearing one as   "mandatory personal safety equipment " Wearing a self inflated PFD by the DNR while on a watercraft would be a good example of how serious they are about the matter. Having a PFD on the watercraft won't keep you afloat when you fall from a watercraft. Everyone thinks they will have plenty of time to get a PFD on in the event of an unexpected mishap. WRONG .The new inflatable PFDs are so small and light weight ,you forget you have one on even on a hot day. You can get them on sale sometimes for $50 . No matter how well you can swim or the great physical shape you think you are in . You can still drown from falling from a watercraft . They are cheap life insurance .
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 09:54:55 AM »

From a article in the Sunspot this morning. Still not clear on the affect Irma will have on MD.

Beyond the Florida landfall, forecasters are expecting the storm to bring heavy rain and strong winds into the Southeastern U.S., but it was still unclear which parts of the region would receive the biggest impact. Irma is expected to weaken to a tropical storm over Alabama, Georgia or South Carolina by late Monday.

That track will determine whether Maryland sees much of any of the storm — an easterly path could bring heavy rain and blustery winds, but a westerly one could mean little impact here.

“The most likely timeframe for potential impacts from Irma in our forecast area would be later Monday through Wednesday,” forecasters at the National Weather Service’s Baltimore/Washington office wrote Friday morning
SteveL

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 04:05:41 PM »

there are rainfall forecasts at the following NWS website:

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/qpf2.shtml

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 07:28:02 AM »

I believe this rain today is a leftover of Irma. So sad these hurricanes caused so much destruction . But glad we are only seeing light rain here.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home