June 23, 2018, 12:06:53 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: harvey aftermath  (Read 650 times)
J-Philla

Ignore
« on: September 06, 2017, 08:34:44 AM »

I live in the southern side of Brazoria county, where we are currently experiencing the worse river flooding since they've kept records.  i was able to pull most of my gear outta the water only to have the river come up and take them all outta my yard.  we still have about 4 ft of water in the house, and it's not predicted to drop for another 7-11 days.  Does anyone know of someone that has filed a disaster claim for a fishing business affected by hurricane damages?  Also I'm sayin a prayer for all of you in Fl and the East coast, seems to be a horrible storm ya'll are fixing to get also.

Capt. Josh
BJ1fish
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »

Sorry to hear you flooded. I hope you find the assistance you are looking for.
ThreeCrabs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 07:50:05 PM »

Sorry for everything you lost, but happy to hear you made it through unharmed. I believe there are a few options, if it is similar to when Sandy hit here in NJ. I believe you can submit through your homeowners if you lost a certain amount of valuables and the property is your primary residence. I know that when I owned an HVAC business years ago, my basement in the shop flooded due to Hurricane Irene and was able to submit a claim for all of the tools I lost and was able to recoup at least a good portion of it. Another option, I think after you've exhausted insurance, would be FEMA. I have filed through FEMA a few times as a public entity(a Public School District) I know that as a private business or residence you can get some assistance, I'm just not sure of the extent. I am not a pro in this area and am not claiming to be, I just am trying to offer some information you probably already know. God bless and stay strong down there in Texas.

Tom
gcs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 06:43:19 PM »

Being Texas got federal disaster status, there might be a way to claim under that, though it may be in the form of a low interest disaster loan.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home