October 18, 2018, 07:03:28 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: commerical crabbing boat  (Read 3684 times)
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2017, 02:02:10 PM »

There are time restrictions on those permits. I believe you can't move an over width on holidays and after 12 noon on Saturdays.

And need over width signs on the trailer.

What boat do you have?

they have relaxed some of the restrictions

I have the 25' C-hawk with the pilot house

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2017, 03:07:33 PM »

they have relaxed some of the restrictions

I have the 25' C-hawk with the pilot house

Yeah. They changed the time you can start hauling.

Used to be 7 am. Now I think it is 1 am. Didn't change holidays or Saturday. At least not yet.

The big 25' C Hawk is a nice boat.

I had a chance a couple of years ago at a 29' C hawk with a Cummings Diesel. Passed. Dumb mistake on my part.

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2017, 03:10:29 PM »

Yeah. They changed the time you can start hauling.

Used to be 7 am. Now I think it is 1 am. Didn't change holidays or Saturday. At least not yet.

The big 25' C Hawk is a nice boat.

I had a chance a couple of years ago at a 29' C hawk with a Cummings Diesel. Passed. Dumb mistake on my part.

man, not many of those come up for sale.  It took 2 years to find mine.  Most were junk and ragged out and they wanted top dollars for them.  This one needed work but I paid next to nothing for it.  It now has a brand new 350 in it.  I have to pick it up this weekend.  It's over your way.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
badhabit

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 04:20:17 PM »

nice boat crabbyd. I would like to put a top on mine but I don't know how it would hold up going down the road all the time.
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 05:03:28 PM »

man, not many of those come up for sale.  It took 2 years to find mine.  Most were junk and ragged out and they wanted top dollars for them.  This one needed work but I paid next to nothing for it.  It now has a brand new 350 in it.  I have to pick it up this weekend.  It's over your way.

Did you have the new motor put in? If so, who did it and how much?

Reason I'm asking is my motor has a lot hours on it and I'm thinking a new motor is in order. I have a a 24' Privateer with a inboard 350.

Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 05:04:23 PM »

Hey Crabbyd, is that close to Kent Narrows on the West side?
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 10:03:54 PM »

Hey Crabbyd, is that close to Kent Narrows on the West side?

I bought it from an older lady in Tolchester.  I just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2017, 10:07:56 PM »

Did you have the new motor put in? If so, who did it and how much?

Reason I'm asking is my motor has a lot hours on it and I'm thinking a new motor is in order. I have a a 24' Privateer with a inboard 350.

sent you a message

Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 05:25:44 AM »

Back in the 90s when I asked about price they old me over $500 a year for the annual permit and $50 for a day permit ?
Crab Buzzard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 03:26:58 PM »

Thanks for all the info I am considering the 22ft C hawk with side console and the 115 Honda 4 stroke it will take 6 months to get. Don't know much about Hondas always had Mercury any opinion on them ? Also the dealer is Caroline Boating Center never herd of them but seemed nice.

BUZ

rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 03:30:55 PM »

personaly i would stay away from the honda, Suzuki makes a good motor in the 4 stroke mondels
Crab Buzzard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2017, 03:34:29 PM »

I have been seeing more and more of them back in the 80s they made a 150 that was junk they were putting them on Bass boats.

BUZ
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2017, 03:52:42 PM »

Thanks for all the info I am considering the 22ft C hawk with side console and the 115 Honda 4 stroke it will take 6 months to get. Don't know much about Hondas always had Mercury any opinion on them ? Also the dealer is Caroline Boating Center never herd of them but seemed nice.

Do a search on Google about the reviews of the Honda 115.  I can't remember which size it was but one of them was having major issues.  I was looking at a Stiegler pilot house that had one on it and then I did some research.  It turned me off the boat.

thecameraguy
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 12:59:49 PM »

Any opinions on a C Hawk 20'
Originally built for commercial application. You won't be making a mistake if you pick one up.
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 06:37:03 PM »

D,   I was looking at the picture of your boat.  NICE.  That 350 chevy engine,  was it overhauled for marine application.  I had a 350 in my shrimp boat.  It was modified with a different cam and brass freeze out plugs.  260 HP output.   It also had a 1,91:1 Volvo gear transmission.  I turned a 18 X 20 4 blade bronze prop.  Back then it was fitted with a 4 barrel carb but it did have electronic ignition.

Ronnie

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 10:50:49 AM »

D,   I was looking at the picture of your boat.  NICE.  That 350 chevy engine,  was it overhauled for marine application.  I had a 350 in my shrimp boat.  It was modified with a different cam and brass freeze out plugs.  260 HP output.   It also had a 1,91:1 Volvo gear transmission.  I turned a 18 X 20 4 blade bronze prop.  Back then it was fitted with a 4 barrel carb but it did have electronic ignition.

Ronnie

Thanks Ronnie

It is a marine duty brand new out of the crate.  It also has a 4barrel on it/electronic ignition and the Volvo outdrive.

capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 07:03:45 PM »

Is it a 4 bolt main?  We can get that engine with EFI also.

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 09:26:17 AM »

Is it a 4 bolt main?  We can get that engine with EFI also.

Yes it is.  Looking forward to running it next spring

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home