October 24, 2018, 12:51:23 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is going to hunt opening day?  (Read 3224 times)
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« on: September 06, 2017, 03:48:12 PM »

I have been a little behind this year getting ready. I still have not washed my clothes yet and still want to get my bow ready. I will have my clothes washed and dried tomorrow. I put out 200 pounds of corn last week and it's all gone. I did not get a camera out until today when I put out another 100 pounds of corn out today. I will be out hunting Friday morning and possibly that evening. I will be hunting both the morning and evening Saturday. I will be hunting a buck the first 2 days. Maybe even next week as well. But it would be nice to get some deer meat for my camping trip next weekend.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
Hardshell Tony

Anyone who has crabs lacks nothing.Crabs r enough

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 05:26:45 PM »

Good Luck to all that get out there.
arti0972
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 09:59:02 PM »

I'll be out in Hancock on Friday. Going out there tomorrow to scout around a little. Good luck to you.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 08:01:06 AM »

I'll be out on Saturday morning.  Friday I'll be on the water.  This year, opening day snuck up on me but at the same time, I also have been hunting for the last month or so on a DMP and already have a couple does in the freezer.  Good luck to all that go.   We have a few real nice bucks I have been watching and hoping they make their appearance now during the daylight hours.  Our DMP is for does only so I'm glad to see the season open.  It's hard to watch a nice buck come in and all you can do is watch it.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »

I washed my clothes and let them dry. Then sprayed them down with permethrin. They are on the deck drying again. Shot my bow and feeling good with my shot. Just need a shooter buck to show up. Feeling good about tomorrow. Im going to grab the SD card from the camera before heading up to the stand so I can see what has been coming around.

indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 08:22:41 AM »

The deer in front of me right now. No bucks yet.

shedking
Lifetime Member

Weeziana crabbing

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 08:55:42 AM »

I'll be out in Hancock on Friday. Going out there tomorrow to scout around a little. Good luck to you.
That's out my way. Stop and say hello if ya want

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 09:03:09 PM »

I had a great opening day even though I did not shoot a deer. Saw 17 deer in the morning and 7 of those that where in bow range. In the evening I got into the woods at 3:30pm and saw 3 deer right away. Then saw 2 or 3 every once in a while until 6pm. Then the deer came from everywhere. At one point had deer all around me. I could not move. I saw around 20 to 30 deer in the evening. It was hard to tell if some of the deer where different deer or the same deer just circling around. The strange thing was most of the does where small. Not that much bigger then the fawns. I did see a spike,  4 pointer and a 8 pointer still in velvet. 

arti0972
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 01:03:09 AM »

Sounds like a fun day. I had a nice buck surprise me yesterday morning.  It was right at 0620. He snuck up on me. I was sitting on the ground on the slope of a hill. There were small pine trees in front of me and then a little more of a downward slope after that. He came right up behind those 2 1/2 ft trees. I heard noise but thought it was further away. I went to get my crossbow ready but didn't realize he was that close. He was only 15 yds away and I had no clue he was there. He bolted out of there real quick when he noticed me. I could have had a chance on a doe at 30 yds, but I let her go. She had two fawns with her. I'll be back out again after the Wye Party. I'll be in a stand then. I'll get the surprise on them the next time.  Good luck everyone.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home