August 20, 2018, 09:50:45 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to crab in Wildwood  (Read 640 times)
suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2017, 07:22:09 PM »

The Child, the Crazy Dog and I are in North Wildwood for a few days, and in a fit of nostalgia, I tossed ten topless traps in the car along with some other crabbing gear. I'm looking for a place we can crab from land or pier.

Criteria: need to be able to take Crazy Dog along, so along side a busy road is not optimal.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.
marara

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 02:51:31 PM »

at Maryland Ave and Chestnut Ave in North Wildwood...I'm sure there are more but never went any other place...I believe there is a place in the Crest that you have to pay to crab on a private dock. I would recommend renting a boat and going in the back bay. Good Luck.
suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 06:55:07 PM »

Solved my own problem with Google Maps - found a park with a pier less than 15 minutes from my hotel. The Child did most of the crabbing, and we culled down to the dozen she would eat. They are steaming right now.

I can only stress on so many things in one day - looks like you're not making the list. Tomorrow isn't looking so hot, either.
Hawkeye
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 07:05:44 PM »

Solved my own problem with Google Maps - found a park with a pier less than 15 minutes from my hotel. The Child did most of the crabbing, and we culled down to the dozen she would eat. They are steaming right now.

nice! 
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 07:13:08 PM »

The crazy dog didn't crab, at all?

Glad you caught some, hope you've had a great vacation. Wildwood was our family favorite when the kids were growing up.

suzyq52
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 08:28:32 PM »

No, Crazy Dog didn't crab - she was too busy taking great umbrage at other folks walking around, and alternately being fascinated by whatever it was we were putting in the basket.

We didn't catch any clawless crabs to let her look at, so it will remain a mystery to her. I have no clue what happened to her in the 4 years before we got her, and do have ideas of what should have happened but didn't, but she had no fear of the crabs so I will lay heavy odds she's never encountered a live crab before. Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home