October 18, 2018, 06:50:27 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crabbed a river on the bay 9/11/17  (Read 3651 times)
CLAWLESS

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 03:06:55 PM »

Being a commercial crabber. If your good at what you do and know the River you know where the crabs are. I have said this multiple times before I will share information about locations if people PM me. I am sure some others on here will say the same. I have given my exact spot to multiple people and they all have respected it to the fullest.

But the only way to find those spots are to go out in the rivers and try different spots. The Fall time is a very good time for that IMO.

CrabOn

CrabberRay

That's easy for you to say since you get to start a hour before recs.

Do you depend on comm. crabbing as your primary income?
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 03:31:37 PM »

what differance does either of those things make when it comes to finding new spots to catch crabs or finding crabs. And for the record we get to catch crabs 1/2 hrbefore you ,we can lay our line anytime.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 03:32:45 PM »

That's easy for you to say since you get to start a hour before recs.

Do you depend on comm. crabbing as your primary income?

Also means he has to get up earlier too if he wants his favorite spot before another comm gets there first.  That's my favorite part about having a job not related to catching something for a living. But we can  do what we like for a living, but not all are happy with their jobs. 

Being a rec crabber is awesome, catching and eating crabs whenever you please during the season(except Wednesdays, unless you handline that day).  Raining or windy, no pressure to go. 
CLAWLESS

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2017, 11:19:19 PM »

what differance does either of those things make when it comes to finding new spots to catch crabs or finding crabs. And for the record we get to catch crabs 1/2 hrbefore you ,we can lay our line anytime.

It doesn't have anything to do with finding new spots, its about telling everyone who looks at this site where your productive crabbing spots are now. I'm not saying everyone on he does that but there is many that will look for the spot  the next time out. For exsample there was a great report at the wye a few years ago. It stated that they caught a lot of nice crabs in a fairly short time with in eye sight of the ramp. The next day there were some many boats with in a 1k yards of the ramp it was ridiculous.

And he benefits from being a comm. crabber because if he wants a spot that a rec. is in be for legal time he could take it if he wanted because of the earlier start time.
CrabberRay

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 07:42:38 AM »

Plain and simple people..... you don't find new spots in the dark laying 2500-5000" of line. It just don't happen.

Get off this forum and go to the river and try 5-6-7 or 8 spots in a day an see what you got. Takes a little bit of hard work something a lot of you on here don't seem like you want to do.

CrabOn

CrabberRay

CrabOn

CrabberRay

LewCrab
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 08:23:46 AM »

Plain and simple people..... you don't find new spots in the dark laying 2500-5000" of line. It just don't happen.

Get off this forum and go to the river and try 5-6-7 or 8 spots in a day an see what you got. Takes a little bit of hard work something a lot of you on here don't seem like you want to do.

Exactly, it's called scouting for a reason folks.

CrabOn

CrabberRay

An old timer at heart who loves the Bay and all the resources it provides.  Respect locals buy local!
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2017, 09:01:57 AM »

"To each, there own". That's what makes America great, everyone is a individual. All this over a  non report type post  about bragging on a crab report  thread that was a PSA of sorts.

Interesting, very interesting.
CLAWLESS

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2017, 02:05:40 PM »

CrabOn

CrabberRay

CrabberRay I get your point and I agree with you 100% but it not what this thread was about! It was about giving more discernible information in reports. I've put hard work and time in to finding crabs, that's why I don't through my locations out there for everyone to see.

Secondly most people work M-F so trying up to 8 different spots as you suggest on the weekends is not practical.  
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2017, 01:00:12 AM »

Ok, ok, I'm going to reveal my best spot when I crabbed in NJ and MD.        Cool laugh laugh

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2017, 03:02:31 AM »

Commercial crabbers have their own problems, dealing with other commercial crabber!

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

CrabberRay

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 08:07:53 AM »

Clawless.... So your telling me Rec crabbers cant try 6-7-8 different spots in a day on a river/ 2 rivers to find crabs?

I find that very hard to believe as I crab with at least 1500'' of line and have crabbed multiple locations and multiple rivers in a day. IT TAKES HARD WORK. But it can easily be done.

CrabOn

CrabberRay

CrabOn

CrabberRay
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2017, 11:18:01 AM »

Ray do you use a line puller? i see your young enough to pull by hand and 12to 15 hundred ain't bad to pull by hand.
CrabberRay

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2017, 11:52:20 AM »

I pull all lines by hand from 1200" foot to 5000" foot. doesn't matter the size to me. I get after it.

CrabOn

CrabberRay

CrabOn

CrabberRay

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home