May 23, 2018, 09:03:47 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eating Crab Guts !!  (Read 3718 times)
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 02:26:26 PM »

All GUTS are removed from my soft shells as well.

I guess you might do that but I would guess restaurants do not. I get mine from a place the that sells to restaurants as well as to the public. They cut the face off and cut out the gills. That is it.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 02:29:48 PM »

Sometimes the stool reminds you of what you have eaten lately.  For those that eat guts, is that true?   LOL

No big difference.

Well that would explain a lot... laugh laugh laugh laugh

Everyone I knows says I am extreme. I crab, fish and hunt hard.

Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 03:04:18 PM »

Everyone I knows says I am extreme

The mental hospital calls it something else!    laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2017, 08:01:07 PM »

Shut up CS!!!!!  laugh laugh laugh

double E

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2017, 01:43:50 PM »

Now that's eating it all! LOL

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2017, 02:14:36 PM »

Thabks for sharing Double E. "If your not a good licker or sucker", words spoken by a  true crab eater and probably a lady 's man, LOL. Different strokes for different folks is all I can say
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 02:15:12 PM »

I'll bet his dentist would tell him to NOT do that with his teeth when cracking crab legs, LOL.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 08:37:06 PM »

I'm assuming he didn't pay for those. Because he is wasting a [shiz] ton of meat.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2017, 09:10:55 PM »

Guess he's keeping them warm. Watch when he pulls out the crab, the condensation is dripping off the lid. He then puts the lid back on.  I've always taken the crabs completely out of the pot to avoid that scenario. 
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2017, 12:20:23 AM »

I also don't throw legs and half claws in the scrap pile.

Hawkeye
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2017, 09:27:19 PM »

here is a guy in FL who removes the heads first.  The thing about this video that was interesting to me is that in the location they went crabbing, they (sometimes) physically go into the water with hand lines.  Bizarre right?  Watch the video. 

He says he "cleans the guts out" but then at 12:07 when he is adding the everglades heat - you can see the mustard is still there. 

Anyways -just thought it was an interesting way to cook crabs.  I guess it's similar to a LA boil right? 

This video the guy uses an oar to stir the boil...lol
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2017, 09:35:43 AM »

Couple points on both videos'

In the 1st, that guy reminds me of me. Loves his wife and daughter. His family has great values and prayer before the meal told me a lot about his priorities in life.

In the 2nd video, so he uses just hot water to cook the shrimp? Can't say I've ever seen that done before. So he just cooks the shrimp and no steam at all?  Would have loved to see the softcrab up close after he cooked it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:20:44 AM by evinrude 130 » Logged
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 11:43:25 AM »

the correct way to cook crabs is to steam BUT the correct and only way you cook shrimp is to boil. Try boiling shrimp like this and you won't steam shrimp again. First have a pot of water that will hold the amount of shrimp you are cooking PLUS enough water so that adding the shrimp won't overflow the pot. Ad whatever seasoning you like to the water, i add chopped onions a hole lemon sliced peppercorns bay  leaves old bay and jo no.1 and anything else you like. Bring the water and seasoning to a full rolling boil then add shrimp and stir. When the water comes to a full rolling boil with the shrimp they are done. Get the shrimp out with out taking a long time, in other word don't let them in there for more then 10 min or so because they will continue to cook. Good luck. There is no set time so it is faster and the shrimp peel much easier then steaming .
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2017, 01:09:55 PM »

the correct way to cook crabs is to steam BUT the correct and only way you cook shrimp is to boil. Try boiling shrimp like this and you won't steam shrimp again. First have a pot of water that will hold the amount of shrimp you are cooking PLUS enough water so that adding the shrimp won't overflow the pot. Ad whatever seasoning you like to the water, i add chopped onions a hole lemon sliced peppercorns bay  leaves old bay and jo no.1 and anything else you like. Bring the water and seasoning to a full rolling boil then add shrimp and stir. When the water comes to a full rolling boil with the shrimp they are done. Get the shrimp out with out taking a long time, in other word don't let them in there for more then 10 min or so because they will continue to cook. Good luck. There is no set time so it is faster and the shrimp peel much easier then steaming .
I definitely agree with the boiled shrimp. They are phenomenal. But adding a little vinegar to the water is a must, along with celery seed.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2017, 02:36:22 PM »

I definitely agree with the boiled shrimp. They are phenomenal. But adding a little vinegar to the water is a must, along with celery seed.
  The guy from Louisiana turned the pot off in the video and then added the shrimp. So I assumed he cooked them in the hot boil without turning the heat on again.  

These directions are what we always use. Timing on steaming the shrimp is important. Hate tough , leathery shrimp.

DIRECTIONS
In a medium saucepan mix vinegar water and OLD BAY. Bring to boil on medium heat. Gently stir in shrimp then cover.

Steam 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain well.

" Steam" is the word used in these directions after adding the shrimp to already boiling water.  Arundel Seafood does it this way.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 04:13:07 PM by evinrude 130 » Logged

rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2017, 02:36:36 PM »

Like i said ad whatever you like, i will add vinegar next time to try it.
Hawkeye
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2017, 08:07:43 PM »

In the 1st, that guy reminds me of me. Loves his wife and daughter. His family has great values and prayer before the meal told me a lot about his priorities in life.

Totally agree.  I've been watching more videos (deermeatfordinner) - if only to help drive up their clicks/views
KALknowsRAE

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2017, 10:41:11 PM »

I eat the guts and corners. It's good.

Have you ever eaten a steamed crab right before it sloughs? Absolutely delicious. Best type of crab I ever eaten. You will never experience that if you clean before cooking.

I eat everything but the stomach(gritty), lungs(bad texture), or those 2 things that look like fern leaves(tough). I take a knife and scrape the inside of the shell from one end to the other. I even squeeze that little bit of mustard out of the apron, just like the guy on the video. Once, my little grand nephew was digging out the eyes to see if I'd eat them. They weren't bad. laugh

I don't clean a soft shell at all. I just open it up a little so it doesn't swell up and pop when frying.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:59:11 PM by KALknowsRAE » Logged

Crabbing: A game of pinches.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home