October 22, 2017, 03:59:28 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crab Pot wire  (Read 647 times)
Neither Crab
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 08:34:10 AM »

Big bandito are swamped with backlogged  orders so it may be a few weeks before you get one. Chesapeake oyster in Va. 804-338-6530 also carries all kinds of equipment tools but they are sold out of almost everything too. This is the season when everybody starts to build their crab pots for next season.
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2017, 10:49:17 AM »

Big bandito are swamped with backlogged  orders so it may be a few weeks before you get one. Chesapeake oyster in Va. 804-338-6530 also carries all kinds of equipment tools but they are sold out of almost everything too. This is the season when everybody starts to build their crab pots for next season.

Harbor Freight and Grizzly Tools sell metal brakes at reasonable prices. Grizzly is mail order. Harbor Freight is everywhere.
Neither Crab
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 08:55:36 AM »

Chesapeake Oyster company also carries Bigbendito 2ft. wire benders in Wake Va. 804-776-0220 $275 but they are also out of stock right now.
Neither Crab
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 09:54:29 AM »

Harbor Freight and Grizzly Tools sell metal brakes at reasonable prices. Grizzly is mail order. Harbor Freight is everywhere.
I have a Harbor Freight a few miles from me. I see they have 30 in . brakes for $58 . You can also get a 20% discount coupon from their website. I don't know if it would work on wire though?
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 11:17:45 AM »

I have a Harbor Freight a few miles from me. I see they have 30 in . brakes for $58 . You can also get a 20% discount coupon from their website. I don't know if it would work on wire though?

Crab pot vinyl wire is 16 gauge. The cheap Harbor Freight one, says 17 gauge and up.

That industrial brake seems like a better buy. Even though it is $229.

Neither Crab
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 05:22:25 PM »

I bought the 30 in. table top mount. About $48 including tax after 20% discount coupon froma  tv guide. I read some reviews on Harbor Freight's web site and I will mount it on a work table with the recommended  3/8 in. bolts & nuts ( not supplied) then 2 C clamps ( not supplied) with washers between the pressing plate and support plate to make a slot for the wire to go through without having to unclamp it after every bend to hold down the wire between the pressing plate ,( a 24 in. piece of 1/4 in. flat bar) placed on top of the wire to sandwich it between the pressing plate and support plate . Wire should be easier to bend than a solid piece of sheet metal. It looks like it should work ok. I'll let you know when some wire comes in next week and I give it a try. In retrospect same results could be accomplished by bolting down a  2x4 to a work bench with washers in between the table and 2x4 then sliding the precut wire pieces under the board and then bending them. Thanks for the Harbor Freight thought.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 05:53:23 PM by Neither Crab » Logged
cjm09

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 09:30:07 AM »

Big bandito are swamped with backlogged  orders so it may be a few weeks before you get one. Chesapeake oyster in Va. 804-338-6530 also carries all kinds of equipment tools but they are sold out of almost everything too. This is the season when everybody starts to build their crab pots for next season.

I can understand that they maybe backlogged with orders. I "Was" in contact with them up till Oct 2nd when they said it would be out for shipping that Wed, the return of messages has stopped since then. Once again I can understand that this is a high volume time for them, what I don't like is the lack of communication and getting the run around. As of right now I am going on the assumption that they are good people that happen to be very busy, otherwise I will be very upset if I'm out of 375 bones.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home