May 22, 2018, 01:48:12 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ronnie -- Feel the blast?  (Read 1088 times)
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2017, 09:58:00 AM »

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/1-missing-after-oil-rig-explodes-on-louisiana-lake-10-16-2017

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 04:18:01 PM »

No I didn't.  I've fished and crabbed by that rig for many years.  Its not that far from my house.  Maybe 4-5 miles.  That rig is at the St Charles/Jefferson Parish (county) line and about 1/2 mile off shore.  That's the last occupied rig in Lake Pontchartrain.  Not sure what happened but that's scary.

Ronnie

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll
partime59

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 06:50:26 PM »

i was on the bridge and was wondering what it was then seen it later on the news. morning news was nothing but. reporters sure ask some dumb questions
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 07:29:34 AM »

No I didn't.  I've fished and crabbed by that rig for many years.  Its not that far from my house.  Maybe 4-5 miles.  That rig is at the St Charles/Jefferson Parish (county) line and about 1/2 mile off shore.  That's the last occupied rig in Lake Pontchartrain.  Not sure what happened but that's scary.

Ronnie

The latest news article I heard was floor cleaning fluid ignited.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 01:41:21 PM »

yep that's what they say.  Now, being a fireman I know not to mix curtain chemicals.  Bleach and chlorine is a no no. What type of cleaning fluids were they using?  Gasoline?Huh?  The regulations are so tight on those rigs I'm sure the cleaning agents were NOT Coast Guard or EPA approved. 

As of this morning the only person not accounted for is still missing.  High waves are hampering recovery and clean-up operations. 

Ronnie

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home