May 23, 2018, 04:50:50 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marylandís veteran crab manager fired after watermen complain to Hogan  (Read 12709 times)
reds

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2018, 06:03:43 AM »

Why don't you take it. Since you seem to be the only one concerned.

I don't think double dipping is allowed.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2018, 07:03:58 AM »

I don't think double dipping is allowed.

or they wont rehire.......  Wink

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Redbone

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2018, 01:46:48 PM »

Neither Crab   Your so worried about double dippers and skimmers aren't you the one setting 50 pots this year. Pot meet Kettle

Redbone

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2018, 02:03:19 PM »

I see no reason why a recreational crabber should have that many pots.
lone sailor

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2018, 10:57:13 AM »

There were several reasons why the hours were cut to reduce crab harvests and some full time commercial crabbers benefitted from them. One was because of crab pot thievery. Anyone seen pulling crab pots in the Bay after 2 pm was automatically illegally pulling pots. This curtailed people from raiding their crabs and stealing crab pots in the evening when the full time commercial  crabbers were off the water and done for the day. The 2 pm quitting time also kept the  double dipper  commercial crabbers that hurt the bottom lines of full time watermen off the water after work from skimming extra crabs from the Bay as these moonlighter commercial crabbers competed for crabs , created a glut at times, helped diminish the crab population  and kept prices down for the  full time commercial crabbers.. That's why recreational crabbers are allowed to crab until sunset.
I really don't believe someone like me running 50 pots (if i chose to do so) in one area all season after work twice a week is going to hurt the bottom line of a full time guy with his 900 pots who follows the crabs. So with the time cut it really just means that someone who worked nights or weekends as i did in my former job is free to trotline weekday mornings and someone with a 9-5 job cant.

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2018, 11:24:20 AM »

Ah the benefits of working a shift other then the day time . I loved crabbing during the week in the daytime. Beat the weekends for sure. Also helped with the Friday trash pick up of the crab shells.  Now that I'm semi-retired, I'm loving the aspects of daytime crabbing even more.
Hope we all have a good season.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2018, 05:16:58 PM »

I really don't believe someone like me running 50 pots (if i chose to do so) in one area all season after work twice a week is going to hurt the bottom line of a full time guy with his 900 pots who follows the crabs. So with the time cut it really just means that someone who worked nights or weekends as i did in my former job is free to trotline weekday mornings and someone with a 9-5 job cant.

I agree, we should be promoting people that are willing to work hard and go the extra mile.

in∑teg∑ri∑ty   
Ėnoun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home