November 20, 2018, 08:29:14 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Box Hill Pizza crab cakes Abbingdon, Md.  (Read 5365 times)
Barbarella

Any day is a crabbing day

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2017, 07:27:43 PM »

These crab cakes are to die for...I have never tasted anything like these.  Has anyone tasted these and/ or knows what the recipe is for them?
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 09:10:01 PM »

I’ve ate there a lot, crab cakes are ok.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 10:49:14 PM »

Never had any, but some folks do rave about them. As with all foods, depends on the person eating it.  I don't eat any crab cakes except my wife's. No filler at all, broiled also.  Completely made with all the meat in the crabs. Like eating potato chips, betcha you can't eat just one.

See, I told you it depends on the person eating. LOL   
Oneneckatatime

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 09:18:38 AM »

I'm with you evinrude. The only ones I eat are the ones I make though. These babies are cooked up for the off season.

A day on the water adds a day to life.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 10:57:37 AM »

Those are some great looking Crab cakes.  We did freeze some for the winter. Not sure they will last long when it starts getting colder. We have more containers of crab soup that normally last till March.

DanC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 11:50:13 AM »

I live not too far from Box Hill pizzeria (in fact, when I was a kid I lived in the neighborhood of Box Hill where they are located and remember when they opened approx. 35 years ago, give or take.) I've had their crabcakes, and while they are good, I seem to remember them putting chopped red peppers in the crabcakes, and while I like red peppers it overpowers the crab flavor and thus has no business being in my crabcake.

In general all their food has always been good.
Oneneckatatime

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 12:00:38 PM »

Another favorite around here is toasted crab n cheese with a bowl of tomato soup. Just makes winter go faster.

A day on the water adds a day to life.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 12:54:05 PM »

Another favorite around here is toasted crab n cheese with a bowl of tomato soup. Just makes winter go faster.

Interesting, to replace the plain grilled cheese I normally eat with tomato soup.
Barbarella

Any day is a crabbing day

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 01:49:49 PM »

You are correct DanC, there are peppers in their crab cakes. I find a few in there , not enough to take away from the taste I think anyway. So far I know they use jumbo lump, eggs, peppers and some sort of binder... Not sure if the creaminess  is from mayo or what
Gary S

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2017, 05:28:15 PM »

Before I retired from Aberdeen Proving Ground I had the Box Hill crab cakes a few times and while they were decent I don't put them on the same level as the CrabCake Factory on rt 54 in West Fenwick, DE. I am guessing the CrabCake Factory in OC, MD are the same.

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2017, 06:45:20 PM »

The Edgewater  Inn down off Solomon Island Rd has a nice crab cake.  Roy's Kwik Corner in Glen Burnie has a softball size crab cake.  G & M  also has a crab cake some like. It's all in what your expectations are on crab cakes.
Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 06:26:40 AM »

Probably the best around . My wife used to stop about once a week and pick up a few to take home.I prefer Louisiana Blue Crab Backfin ( dubbed Jumbo Lump) and make them to suit my pallet.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 09:38:14 AM »

Somebody has an awesome wife.  I guess with MD spices, Louisiana crabs may taste better. The steam Louisiana crabs I had late last year sure didn't taste like MD crabs.
 Good wife make their husband's life very satisfying and happy.   I have one too. Greatest thing that ever happened to me.  She a great cook also.
doomdealer

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 09:30:31 PM »

I'm about 10 minutes away, and only had one, once.  Mine was big chunks of white bread, bland crab meat, and barely any seasoning.  I'd give them another try, but that one was pitiful (like their other stuff though).
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 12:34:50 PM »

Just heard on radio, get 10 dollars off box of crab cakes from box hill if order online and put in “105.7 Vinny”

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 01:00:29 PM »

Just heard on radio, get 10 dollars off box of crab cakes from box hill if order online and put in “105.7 Vinny”

just tried it and it said invalid code   Sad

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
MRKEN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 09:24:01 AM »

The wife and I love Box Hill crab cakes. One day last year I asked the cook about the cooking of the cake cake. He said that the one secret was to put ice on each one them before it hit the oven. He said that the ice will melt and keep the meat soft and brown the top. The last time we were there we stopped and watch the cook put ice on each one.

If you wake up with out dirt in your month It's a crabbing day,Born free and taxed to death
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 05:02:59 PM »

just tried it and it said invalid code   Sad

I'm sorry Crabby, I heard it on the radio. I'm unsure how its to be spelled

in·teg·ri·ty   
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 08:13:42 AM »

I'm sorry Crabby, I heard it on the radio. I'm unsure how its to be spelled

not a problem.  I had thought of sending some to my sister in Alaska but I found out the shipping costs and decided not to.  Shipping was more then the crab cakes themselves.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home