February 23, 2018, 05:13:10 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Severn 10/28...and I'm done  (Read 1126 times)
GoneToCarolina

Ignore
« on: October 29, 2017, 08:22:24 AM »

It's been a decent season.  Not as good as last year, but we've feasted on our share of crabs.  Headed out to Severn yesterday for one last trip.  The goal was just to drop the lines, catch a few for me and the wife, enjoy the day and do some fishing. Got to the bridge at 6:00am  Still 0 dark 30.  Uh, guys, where was the moon yesterday?  Should have been 48%.  Anchored up near the shallows to try some top water.  Meanwhile, just as sun was coming up, commercial guy rolled up telling me how bad it was and wanted to know where I was gonna drop.  I was planning on dropping one line in 10' and the other in 20'.  This guy was all over me trying to get me to drop early so he could see what was out in the 20'.  He even attempted to persuade me to run his comm marked line, cuz I'm sure that would make the situation any better.  I waited till legal time, as always...and 3 keepers off both lines.  That was all that was in the basket for a long time.  I moved all over the river.  To the mouth...way too windy out there, in a creek, way back in the river, depths from 4.5 to 22'.  Never found em.  I did spend a lot of time fishing and managed one small striper for my efforts. Debaited the lines on the water at 3:30.  Scraped up a dozen through the whole day.  And they were very mediocre, not fattened up like I would expect this time of year.  And so, it's time to hang up the lines and keep the rods lured up for another couple weeks until frigid air will drive me off the water.  Hope everyone got their fill of lump this year.  Please, be thankful we have the means and the resources to enjoy ANY catch.  Our waters are one of a kind and truly beautiful.  Take care of them.

"There's no normal life, there's just life"
Bobber Down

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 08:33:06 AM »

Nice report and enjoy that last dozen !
GoneToCarolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 08:38:16 AM »

The calm before the wind

"There's no normal life, there's just life"
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 09:44:22 AM »

It's been a decent season.  Not as good as last year, but we've feasted on our share of crabs.  Headed out to Severn yesterday for one last trip.  The goal was just to drop the lines, catch a few for me and the wife, enjoy the day and do some fishing. Got to the bridge at 6:00am  Still 0 dark 30.  Uh, guys, where was the moon yesterday?  Should have been 48%.  Anchored up near the shallows to try some top water.  Meanwhile, just as sun was coming up, commercial guy rolled up telling me how bad it was and wanted to know where I was gonna drop.  I was planning on dropping one line in 10' and the other in 20'.  This guy was all over me trying to get me to drop early so he could see what was out in the 20'.  He even attempted to persuade me to run his comm marked line, cuz I'm sure that would make the situation any better.  I waited till legal time, as always...and 3 keepers off both lines.  That was all that was in the basket for a long time.  I moved all over the river.  To the mouth...way too windy out there, in a creek, way back in the river, depths from 4.5 to 22'.  Never found em.  I did spend a lot of time fishing and managed one small striper for my efforts. Debaited the lines on the water at 3:30.  Scraped up a dozen through the whole day.  And they were very mediocre, not fattened up like I would expect this time of year.  And so, it's time to hang up the lines and keep the rods lured up for another couple weeks until frigid air will drive me off the water.  Hope everyone got their fill of lump this year.  Please, be thankful we have the means and the resources to enjoy ANY catch.  Our waters are one of a kind and truly beautiful.  Take care of them.

Not surprise on the amount caught for this time of year. They are there somewhere, just not where you crabbed.

Thanks for this report, another post from a guy who loves crabs and mad a great effort to find them. .  Thanks for sharing.

" Please, be thankful we have the means and the resources to enjoy ANY catch.  Our waters are one of a kind and truly beautiful.  Take care of them "         Nice to know you are like many who crab the Bay waters.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 10:10:34 AM »

nice report and pic's

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

skiffman19

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 11:02:00 PM »

Thanks for the report.I hope to get out 1 or 2 more times.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home