May 24, 2018, 11:32:23 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Western Shore, Mid-Bay, 2 Nov 2017  (Read 1355 times)
Dirichlet

Ignore
« on: November 06, 2017, 10:09:47 AM »

The fat lady has sung... at least where I have done well in the past fall crabbing.  One year ago today (11/6) I caught 105 great crab in this western shore creek...

Last Thursday (11/2/17), using 1200' of CN and 10 Perfectionist rings w/ CN, I only caught 8 total.  I moved the TL twice and tried a few (normally productive) locations with the traps and only picked up those few crabs after after four hours on the water. 

This year started on fire, but mid-season sucked, and the year went out with a whimper.  I hope you all have a nice winter.  Stay warm, and dream of those spring crabbing days to come!
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 11:37:02 AM »

Had to end eventually for those of us who crab the rivers and creeks, Guess we will have to just buy them or raid the freezer for crab related foods from here on out. Saw many posters that said they had some type of crab meat in the freezer.  I have some crab cakes and plenty of crab soup for the winter months.

Hope the winter is a mild one and goes by quickly. But, 5 1/2 months is still a long time to wait, SMH.   I had a good time as usual on the water. Boat ran well and most of the time got what I wanted from the waters.  Hope the crabs continue to show up as usual next year. They take a beating and they still are there the following year . It's amazing to me.
bgfishhook1
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 11:41:27 AM »

The fat lady has sung... at least where I have done well in the past fall crabbing.  One year ago today (11/6) I caught 105 great crab in this western shore creek...

Last Thursday (11/2/17), using 1200' of CN and 10 Perfectionist rings w/ CN, I only caught 8 total.  I moved the TL twice and tried a few (normally productive) locations with the traps and only picked up those few crabs after after four hours on the water. 

This year started on fire, but mid-season sucked, and the year went out with a whimper.  I hope you all have a nice winter.  Stay warm, and dream of those spring crabbing days to come!

Thank you for your report DIRICHET it seems like Crabbing was off everywhere this season. I only got to go two day's in a row while on vacation with my two son's and Grand son and his wife.  We used two boats and in two days of Crabbing we caught 7 full bushels of hard Crabs so we have some Crab - meat in our freezer. Maybe next season will be better for all who seek the Blue Crab. This was not the first time that I have seen a lean year, I remember once in the 70s when no body caught a crab in the Wye River, I asked a Comm crabber what had happened and he said he thinks that the crabs missed a hatch, I don't know if he was right or not but it made sense to me ! Well I hope that the Crabbing picks up next season. Like you said Dirichet keep warm and HAPPY HOLIDAY'S TO ALL !

BGFISHHOOK1

santa3 santa xmas santa2 santa3 santa2 santa angel2 angel2 daisy daisy

Get it on !
A good one to remember is !
Keep your friends close, BUT keep your enemies CLOSER !
I am nobody, and nobody is perfect, therefore I am _________!
A truth that's told with bad intent  beats all the lies you can invent.
It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am ! JUST JOKING.
I thought that I made a mistake once , but I was WRONG.
Remember " A rose by any other name will smell just as  sweet  "
MCC CRAB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »

Sorry your trip did not turn out so great, it has been a difficult year . Better luck next year.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home