August 14, 2018, 04:35:18 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Late Post, But still one proud dad  (Read 353 times)
horst3

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2017, 01:29:08 PM »

Haven't been on lately, but I wanted to share this with you guys.  Took my 9yr old son out during the mentored youth doe hunt here in PA.  We split the group of deer while we were walking to the stand, and this one tried to sneak behind us to the other group about 45 mins after we got in the stand.  My son made a great shot, and she only went about 20 yds.  I have a video of him "tracking" her which is pretty funny.  He was so intent on the blood trail that he never looked out in front and he almost walked right on to her.  The whole time I'm filming, I kept telling him he has to look out in front, so I guess we will have to work on that a little more.  To his credit though he did a great job following the blood which surprisingly was not as heavy as I would have thought given the fact that he hit the top front of the heart.

I think he's got the itch now though he keeps asking if he can get out of school for the regular season.  My wife says no, so we will have to work on that too.

Gary S

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 05:36:36 PM »

Nice pics and story, congratulations for a good father/son outing. I know and hate it when someone uses the special youth hunts for dad to shoot an extra deer but when done like you did it's great.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 06:13:40 PM »

WTG. great story and congrats to your son

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »

That is great! Now the real question is who is the better shooter?  laugh

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
horst3

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 09:13:24 PM »

I've got him beat for now, but he has started 3 yrs before I did at his age, so it will get interesting down the road.  His younger brother is a hang of a good shot so that could make for some good competition.   And to add to the fun, their little sister, she'll be 2 in Jan, loves to watch hunting videos, and cries when we head to the woods without her.  I think she will be the best of the three in short order.  I'll have to step up my game to stay ahead of them.
 rifle rifle rifle

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 08:47:27 AM »

AWESOME.  Congratulations to your son and great mentoring.....  Love stories like this

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home