October 23, 2018, 04:27:32 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Year in Review  (Read 4777 times)
KALknowsRAE

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2017, 11:41:17 PM »

I picked up 2 more on the 'ignore list'.  
Without even trying! Cheesy

Crabbing: A game of pinches.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 12:09:36 AM »

It's kind of lame that they don't tell you who they are. Kind of like someone making an "anonymous" complaint to the police about you and they refuse to tell you who it was as they haul you away. Another liberal tactic. LOL.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 09:30:14 AM »

It's kind of lame that they don't tell you who they are. Kind of like someone making an "anonymous" complaint to the police about you and they refuse to tell you who it was as they haul you away. Another liberal tactic. LOL.
Can't you see them by going to your "profile" and clicking on "ignore user options"? Huh 

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2017, 10:43:58 AM »

Can't you see them by going to your "profile" and clicking on "ignore user options"?
NO!!! You can only see the people that you ignore, not those ignoring you. It's not like they really ignore you anyway. They put you on ignore, take you off ignore to read your posts, then put you back on ignore again afterward, so you can think someone is ignoring you. People on these public sites are just too nosy to not know what everyone is saying at all times, and nobody really ignores anybody. But if it makes them feel better to pretend they do, then more power to them. There are a few people on this site who I really don't like, just as I know there are several who don't like me. I can live with that, it's called "Life". But I have never put anyone on "ignore", because I am not a delicate snowflake who can't handle reading posts that I don't like, and choose to pretend those people are not there. I let them speak there opinions whether I agree with them or not. If I disagree with them, I will rebut, and not ignore them like a little child.

So you can remove that little smiley face, with the question marks over its head, from your previous post since the list you mentioned is not available under "ignore user options". I have removed the little smiley face from the quote in this post to make it easier for you. And for all you "ignorers" out there, grow some balls and toughen up a little. I thought crabbers were stronger than that, and really hope they are not as fragile and as easily offended as the rest of society is starting to become.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2017, 11:05:09 AM »

NO!!! You can only see the people that you ignore, not those ignoring you.
Interesting.. It must be a Admin option.

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"

Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2017, 08:52:33 AM »

Personally I think an ignore feature creates animosity for some sensitive people. If you want to ignore someone just don't read their posts or comments.
mother crabber

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2017, 09:35:02 PM »

yeah....it's just the watermen taking the crabs from  the bay.  REALLY?
Not all the crabs, just females recs. can't keep. Nice to see others sharing their harvest and time with others.
Hawkeye
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2017, 05:29:27 PM »

I made my first trip to the WYE (thanks JoeCrabs for the advice) and we had a lot of fun.  It was obscenely hot out then and we were complete noobies with a trotline.  We even knocked the trotline off the bar twice.  Yeah it was that kind of trip.

But Capt Chuck was incredibly patient with us and we all had a great time.  

first pic - end of the day summer Wye crabs.  

Also want to thank Riverpop for having me on his shrew-pa-looza.  Met Jay and Adam (and his wife who I can't remember her name right now - sorry!) and others.

Then we had a late fall trip and enjoyed some really tasty fall Shrewsbury crabs. (second pic)

Thank you so much to all of you on this forum.  Land crabbing, kayak crabbing, trot-line, traps, hand lines - it's all great to watch and read about.

Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 02:55:57 PM »

You want better crabbing....KILL MORE ROCKFISH. Cool

If that were true with all the Reds that eat crabs in
Louisianna I don't think they would have any crabs left by now.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 03:45:33 PM »

Guess there was natural balanced environment before mankind started screwing it up, LOL. Wished I had lived at that time to see it. Bet clean waters in the Chesapeake Bay was awesome.

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 03:46:13 PM »

My thoughts too.
Crabbin Fever
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2018, 08:07:57 PM »

My year stunk. Only got out a few times and between motor issues, wind / tide issues, and bad crabbing partners bringing me bad luck, I/we caught a bunch of [curd] this year.  laugh laugh Well, I really can't blame my crabbing partners, or can I?  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Thank goodness for the watermen who have endured a bad season, to supply MasterBaiters tackle and Chester River Seafood company with some good crabs because I had to buy most of my crabs this year. MasterBaiters supplied some great crabs for Local 19 Sheet Metal Workers crab feast on Nov 4th. and the last bushel I bought from Chester River Seafood Company on Nov 5th were full, fat, huge, sweet and delicious. So thanks to those watermen who supplied these crabs.

Have a great winter everyone.
Beware of Master Baiter's crabs, they are not " as advertised ", meaning they advertise MD crabs that were caught in Delaware!

One in the basket is better than two in the water!
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2018, 06:17:40 PM »

Years ago there were NO limits on Reds or Black drum.  NONE and the crabbing was great.  Today there is a limit of 5 for each and crabbing is tough.  Just about every fish down here eats small crabs.  Reds, Drum, Flounder, Specs.  I've even caught bass with small crabs and crawfish in their belly.

It isn't the fish that are depleting the crab population is man.  Overfishing, pollution and loss of habitat is the real blame.  (I can just feel another "IGNORE") But its the truth.  Sorry

Ronnie

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 08:05:45 PM »

It isn't the fish that are depleting the crab population is man.  Overfishing, pollution and loss of habitat is the real blame.  (I can just feel another "IGNORE") But its the truth.  Sorry

Ronnie

Could not have said it any better. Wouldn't worry about being ignored. An experienced waterman like yourself knows the real deal with the current fishery.
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »

Ron while you maybe right about overfishing let me ask you this. how much effort is there by the recs. in your state??? Do recs out number comms.? are recs limited on equipment? Maryland is a state that has always made rec crabbin a classic tradition and that with the help of social media education on crabbin has put md at a disadvantage on trying to manage the resource. I would like to know how La compares to md when it comes to rec fishery. My true beleife is it's the recs taking more then is accounted for by the state that keeps the numbers low but it's not on the comm. take altogether. Sites like this have changed the old term chicken neckers forever.

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 12:36:35 PM »

Years ago there were NO limits on Reds or Black drum.  NONE and the crabbing was great.  Today there is a limit of 5 for each and crabbing is tough.  Just about every fish down here eats small crabs.  Reds, Drum, Flounder, Specs.  I've even caught bass with small crabs and crawfish in their belly.

It isn't the fish that are depleting the crab population is man.  Overfishing, pollution and loss of habitat is the real blame.  (I can just feel another "IGNORE") But its the truth.  Sorry

Ronnie

Will the crabbing season be shut down again this year for a month like last year?   Like to see a shut down in MD for a month.  Will be looking for some reports from down south if the weather cooperates for you guys.   We've got a slight warming spell up here but next week looks cold again. Last years winter was mild compared to what has happened so far this year.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 03:19:53 PM »

Here's my words. The commercial crabbers are depleting the population of ALL fisheries in ALL states much faster than the recs. Regardless of what the above post may say.
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2018, 03:31:17 PM »

This topic is about to turn into a pissing match, I can just feel it.

We're not going to get into another comm vs. rec battle on this forum.

Therefore, as a preemptive strike, I'm locking this topic.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home