October 22, 2018, 03:32:46 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crab seasoning, what else do you put it on besides seafood.  (Read 2534 times)
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 10:24:11 AM »

I wouldn't eat scrapple even if it was covered in chocolate syrup!   My father liked scrapple, he also liked head cheese and blood pudding...    laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:36:07 AM by Crab Shack » Logged

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »

I do eat Braunschweiger which is from hog's liver, so to each their own. But I'll pass on scrapple and other gelatinous meats like head cheese. Foods that look bad to me , I avoid.

Composition[edit]
Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, heart, liver, and other trimmings, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are removed, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush. The meat, finely minced, is returned to the pot and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, black pepper, and others are added.[3][4] The mush is formed into loaves and allowed to cool thoroughly until set. The proportions and seasoning are very much a matter of the region and the cook's taste.[5]
A few manufacturers have introduced beef[6] and turkey varieties and color the loaf to retain the traditional coloration derived from the original pork liver base

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:01:45 PM by evinrude 130 » Logged
jp57

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 12:10:41 PM »

Composition[edit]
Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, heart, liver, and other trimmings, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are removed, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush. The meat, finely minced, is returned to the pot and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, black pepper, and others are added.[3][4] The mush is formed into loaves and allowed to cool thoroughly until set. The proportions and seasoning are very much a matter of the region and the cook's taste.[5]
A few manufacturers have introduced beef[6] and turkey varieties and color the loaf to retain the traditional coloration derived from the original pork liver base

Sounds good to me, what time is breakfast? I thought is was funny when I moved out to the mountains north of Pittsburgh for a while. It was hard to find in the stores and the one grocery store I went to, the girl would cringe as she scanned the bar code. You would think she was handling a dead skunk
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 06:28:43 PM »

Composition[edit]

Sounds good to me, what time is breakfast? I thought is was funny when I moved out to the mountains north of Pittsburgh for a while. It was hard to find in the stores and the one grocery store I went to, the girl would cringe as she scanned the bar code. You would think she was handling a dead skunk

Funny about the cashier.
crabnrich

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 08:17:50 PM »

How many of you eat hot dogs?...

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 09:59:06 PM »

How many of you eat hot dogs?...

Looked it up and here is what I found minus the chemicals. No where is the word offal mentioned. Will try JO spice  the next time we cook hot dogs along with mustard, relish, and onions.

Mechanically separated chicken: Looking more like strawberry frosting than blended meat and bone bits, the USDA defines mechanically separated poultry (MSP) as a paste-like and batter-like poultry product produced by forcing bones, with attached edible tissue, through a sieve or similar device under high pressure to separate bone from the edible tissue. Hot dogs can contain any amount of mechanically separated chicken or turkey.

Pork: According to 1994 USDA rules, any meat labeled as the meat it is can be taken off the bone by advanced meat recovery (AMR) machinery that "separates meat from bone by scraping, shaving, or pressing the meat from the bone without breaking or grinding the bone."
jp57

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 12:19:48 PM »

I don't eat hot dogs. I don't even like cooking them for my kids. Anytime they ask for them I make them write "rot dogs" on the grocery list.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2017, 12:20:48 AM »

No hot dogs, You're not American. LOL. Make sure you protect your kids from any possible negative situation that life has to throw at them. Then sit back in amazement and disbelief as these same kids explode one day because they were never allowed to experience anything that was "bad" or "negative" to them. AKA....Bubble. Make sure they have bicycle helmets for their little heads, safety nets for their trampolines, and safe spaces to go when someone says something that hurts their little feelings. And most importantly, a therapist on speed dial.
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2017, 11:09:04 PM »

I ONLY USE JO# 1 OLD BAY NO WAY!!!
POPCORN, SHRIMP, CRAB ALFREDO SAUCE, SEAFOOD LASAGNA, SCALLOPS, OYSTERS
CRAB OMELETTE WITH HOLLANDAISE,
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
FRIED FLOUNDER.
jp57

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 01:03:48 PM »

I have a son with a neurological condition called NF that causes his body to grow tumors. He was diagnosed with tumors on his optic nerves at 3 months old and has to have a bi-annual MRI to monitor their growth and look for others. I'll let my son play outside without a helmet. We go fishing, crabbing, rock climbing, and many other things that could potentially see him get hurt. I will however LIMIT the amount of food that he eats that are a known carcinogen. I didn't say I never feed my kids hot dogs, it's just not something I like to do as often as they would like to eat them. 

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 02:07:11 PM »

I have a son with a neurological condition called NF that causes his body to grow tumors. He was diagnosed with tumors on his optic nerves at 3 months old and has to have a bi-annual MRI to monitor their growth and look for others. I'll let my son play outside without a helmet. We go fishing, crabbing, rock climbing, and many other things that could potentially see him get hurt. I will however LIMIT the amount of food that he eats that are a known carcinogen. I didn't say I never feed my kids hot dogs, it's just not something I like to do as often as they would like to eat them. 
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/articles-and-answers/healthy-children/a-dangerously-tasty-treat-the-hot-dog-is-a-choking-hazard

Kudos for being worried about select foods. We always cut hot dogs in half long ways for our kids growing up. Sounds crazy, but the above article is why.

BJ1fish
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 07:54:09 AM »

I wouldn't eat scrapple even if it was covered in chocolate syrup!   My father liked scrapple, he also liked head cheese and blood pudding...    laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

They make some good hog head cheese in New Orleans. When I was a young child our family trip to New Orleans was not complete until my dad bought a bunch of head cheese to bring home to Texas.
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 08:30:50 AM »

Hughes Maid of Felton Delaware.....  not from scraps like one would think and very minimal fillers.  they actually use good cuts of pork to make theirs.

the only scrapple I will eat.

There is an Amish farmers' market about a mile from my home called The Dutch Wagon.  Only open on Fridays and Saturdays.  They bring bricks of homemade scrapple up each weekend.  No wrapper.  No packaging.  They wrap it in brown paper in front of you.  I don't really care what's in it.  It's my Sunday breakfast treat most weeks.

And I was joking about the Old Bay on scrapple.  Just ketchup.

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 09:58:31 PM »

There is an Amish farmers' market about a mile from my home called The Dutch Wagon.  Only open on Fridays and Saturdays.  They bring bricks of homemade scrapple up each weekend.  No wrapper.  No packaging.  They wrap it in brown paper in front of you.  I don't really care what's in it.  It's my Sunday breakfast treat most weeks.

And I was joking about the Old Bay on scrapple.  Just ketchup.
Heinz has not made enough Ketchup to make me eat Scrapple
king crab 48
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2017, 06:40:42 AM »

I like Old Bay, Garlic and herb seasoning on my crabs too.  I also use it on chicken,steak,pork,potatoes,rice,   ect !!

reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2017, 11:16:33 AM »

Heinz has not made enough Ketchup to make me eat Scrapple

Growing up, we ate what was served or didn't eat. Scrapple, Calf's Brains  and scrambled eggs, home made sausage. All tastes good , when your hungry.
r_ventura_23

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2017, 01:27:19 PM »

Growing up, we ate what was served or didn't eat. Scrapple, Calf's Brains  and scrambled eggs, home made sausage. All tastes good , when your hungry.

And we walked to school, in the snow, both ways were up hill....lol
Gary S

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2018, 10:07:19 PM »

Hughes Maid of Felton Delaware.....  not from scraps like one would think and very minimal fillers.  they actually use good cuts of pork to make theirs.

the only scrapple I will eat.

Want to thank you, last week we got some Hughes Delaware Maid scrapple and it is one of the better scrapples I've had and at 66 and eating scrapple all my life I've had a bunch.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2018, 08:12:59 AM »

Want to thank you, last week we got some Hughes Delaware Maid scrapple and it is one of the better scrapples I've had and at 66 and eating scrapple all my life I've had a bunch.

Welcome.  So far, the only kind I will eat.  I drive 2 hours just to get it.  I usually buy 20 - 30 lbs at a time. 

They make it in the building with the blue roof.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:44:33 AM by Crabbyd » Logged

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Gary S

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2018, 10:44:30 AM »

The Food Lion in West Fenwick has it and that's less than 2 miles from our Fenwick house, we just hadn't looked for it before I read your comments.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home