May 21, 2018, 04:37:33 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crab seasoning, what else do you put it on besides seafood.  (Read 1843 times)
DanC

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »

Mmmmm...scrapple. Delicious with just a touch of maple syrup.

I like putting Old Bay or JO#1 on corn-on-the-cob and also on tomato sandwiches.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2018, 05:12:48 PM »

It definitely enhances tuna salad. Always mix a bunch in when I make it.
discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2018, 11:24:01 AM »

Crabbyd, just had my first batch of Hughes Scrapple and it won't be my last. I have always been a big Rappa Scrapple fan and I have tried many others but I have to say this is the best I have had so far.  thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2018, 11:15:07 AM »

Crabbyd, just had my first batch of Hughes Scrapple and it won't be my last. I have always been a big Rappa Scrapple fan and I have tried many others but I have to say this is the best I have had so far.  thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Cool.  I was just over there a couple weeks ago and picked up 30lbs of it.  10lbs are already gone.  Glad you liked it.  They definitely don't make it like others.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2018, 09:53:41 AM »

Cool.  I was just over there a couple weeks ago and picked up 30lbs of it.  10lbs are already gone.  Glad you liked it.  They definitely don't make it like others.
Found myself in Selbyville this past week and stopped at the Food Lion.  Gonna find out for myself this morning.  Grin

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"

samiam

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2018, 10:00:56 AM »

I notice that Wawa offers JO (I think it was JO, not Old Bay) seasoning as an option on their mac'n'cheese bowls...
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2018, 12:13:40 PM »

Up our way, Habbersett scrapple is the winner.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2018, 12:18:38 PM »

I knew the owner of Habberstsett use to let me hunt on their property yeas ago

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2018, 02:29:20 PM »

All this talk about scrapple forced me to make some last night. [dang] was that good. Would love to try this Hughes brand that you folks are talking about. But I am having a hard time believing it is better than the Habbersett. Maybe it is, but I'd have to try it to really know.
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2018, 03:15:34 PM »

I bought two pounds of ground pork the other week. All this talk about scrapple is making me hungry. Gotta mix up a batch real soon. Nice and crispy w maple syrup. So Jack, what's the verdict?

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2018, 08:23:12 AM »

Found myself in Selbyville this past week and stopped at the Food Lion.  Gonna find out for myself this morning.  Grin

Jack

Curious, what did you pay for the 2lb block at Food Lion?  The verdict of taste?

BTW, down your way this past weekend.  Was going to throw out a message but kept busy and not the best weekend we spent down there but there also wasn't any snow.   Grin Grin Grin 

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
king crab 48
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2018, 06:38:21 AM »

You guys sure it isn't pig poop  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes , Just sayin  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2018, 11:07:28 AM »

The verdict is:
It's better then Rapa.  I had to wait until we had it a second time because I put salt on it before tasting it.  Was way to salty.  Saltier then Rapa. And it cooks different too.  First batch was cut to thin and we over cooked it. Will I buy it again, yes.  Will I go out of my way to get it, no.

Don't know how much it cost D.  We didn't pay any attention to the price. I will be up there again tho. Cool

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2018, 01:29:56 PM »

The verdict is:
It's better then Rapa.  I had to wait until we had it a second time because I put salt on it before tasting it.  Was way to salty.  Saltier then Rapa. And it cooks different too.  First batch was cut to thin and we over cooked it. Will I buy it again, yes.  Will I go out of my way to get it, no.

Don't know how much it cost D.  We didn't pay any attention to the price. I will be up there again tho. Cool

If you go right to the place it is $2/lb and they sell it in 1, 2 5, 20lb blocks.  They are open M-Th. 

You definitely don't want salt or too thin.  Best way is cut it thick, crispy outside and soft inside.

reds

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2018, 04:10:22 PM »

If you go right to the place it is $2/lb and they sell it in 1, 2 5, 20lb blocks.  They are open M-Th. 

You definitely don't want salt or too thin.  Best way is cut it thick, crispy outside and soft inside.

Wife now cooks scrapple in the oven on a flat pan.. No oil and takes less attention to cook. It's still ends up crispy on the outside.

No difference in taste.

discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2018, 04:26:03 PM »

Wife now cooks scrapple in the oven on a flat pan.. No oil and takes less attention to cook. It's still ends up crispy on the outside.
No difference in taste.

I do mine on aluminum foil on the gas grill. Takes little longer but I agree with you less attention to cook, but gets crispy, no smell in the house and easy clean up.
Gary S

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2018, 02:38:56 PM »

I agree that RAPA is good but Hughes is better. Do any of you eat/like scrapples cousin "puddin"?
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2018, 04:16:45 PM »

I agree that RAPA is good but Hughes is better. Do any of you eat/like scrapples cousin "puddin"?

never done "pudding"

Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2018, 06:05:41 PM »

OK, let's get back to Old Bay. I've had enough scrapple chat. I admit it's delicious, but it doesn't warrant two and a half pages of a thread.
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2018, 07:14:35 PM »

Ok, ramen noodles with ob.

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home