August 18, 2018, 02:10:07 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fishing shows for 2018  (Read 694 times)
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2018, 09:31:35 AM »

Saw this on another forum. Thought some here may be interested.

https://fishtalkmag.com/blog/winter-fishing-shows-mark-your-calendars
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 09:11:43 PM »

The Hey Fish show at Earleigh Heights Fire Dept on Ritchie Hwy is coming up. Last year there were several vendors selling crab traps and trot lines, plus other gear(propstick, crab nets, floats,etc ). Thought I would let folks know. I didn't look at the prices since I have all the gear I need.  They had a big tent outside and it was plenty of room to walk around.  Plus vendors inside. It's a little tight in there if it's crowded. Most times it's crowded and you'll have to find a parking spot on the lot or side of road.
 Hoping the weather is decent, the pit beef and oysters are really why I go. Great eats for February .
Old Chikkennekker
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 02:45:42 PM »

Hey evinrude 130. Thanks for that info. Early Heights is close to my home in Glen Burnie and I'll be there. I have a product I wish I could show there but it is still about a month from delivery and I only have a couple prototypes on hand. Thanks again.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 03:01:19 PM »

Hey evinrude 130. Thanks for that info. Early Heights is close to my home in Glen Burnie and I'll be there. I have a product I wish I could show there but it is still about a month from delivery and I only have a couple prototypes on hand. Thanks again.

ESSEX-MIDDLE RIVER MSSA FISHING FLEA MARKET   I went to this show several years ago but can't recall if there were vendors selling crab gear.  Since it's in March , maybe it meets your timeline for your product.  Maybe post a picture and some info about it here on BCA.
Old Chikkennekker
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 03:55:12 PM »

Hey evinrude 130. I found the info on the Middle River show on Rudow's FishTalk. My product is for crabbers using bait bags. I watched a couple commercial crabbers re-baiting bags one day and they said that was the worst part of their day and they hated it. I knew there had to be a better way than spending hours every single day re-baiting and started working on a design about 6 months ago. I have come up with a way to do it in minutes instead of hours. I can re-bait 100' 10' spacing in 1 minute by myself...its fast! Thanks again.

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 04:17:17 PM »

Is it something you could patent?  Like claim as your own invention and try to sell?
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 04:22:35 PM »

Hey evinrude 130. I found the info on the Middle River show on Rudow's FishTalk. My product is for crabbers using bait bags. I watched a couple commercial crabbers re-baiting bags one day and they said that was the worst part of their day and they hated it. I knew there had to be a better way than spending hours every single day re-baiting and started working on a design about 6 months ago. I have come up with a way to do it in minutes instead of hours. I can re-bait 100' 10' spacing in 1 minute by myself...its fast! Thanks again.

I'm thinking of adding bait bags to my 600' TL this year , trying perch or CN's.  I do baits at every 4' or so, so I'm going to buy some bags or material to make bags.  Maybe 20 or 30
 So will you do a personal show and tell or use a video? Let me know where and when you are displaying it, I'm interested.  Nothing like saving time baiting a TL.
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 06:36:25 PM »

I might try and make it down to the early heights and middle river show this year. I have not been to them.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 07:01:49 PM »

I might try and make it down to the early heights and middle river show this year. I have not been to them.

Cost to get into both venues.  They do have a raffle  going on at Earleigh Hghts with tickets, pay attention to the number on your ticket.
  They have a bit of everything there. Old and new tackle and equipment.  As I said, parking can be tough depending on when you get there and how crowded it is.  Earleigh Height VFD has a lot and a field to park on. Some chose the sides of the road.  The Middle river has nothing but roads to park on if I remember right.
 Both serve drinks and food for a cost. Earleigh Hghts has a Pit stand for beef, ham and there's a raw oyster bar close by.  Middle river had a area that served food too.
 Inside at both have heat, outside doesn't, hope for good weather.
Old Chikkennekker
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 08:06:07 PM »

Hey evinrude 130. Yes, I have already applied for a patent. I have many hours and thousands of dollars invested in this idea. As soon as I get my product delivery I will let you know and provide the clips you need free of charge. My plan is just to get a few out there for crabbers to see and they will sell themselves. I won't have a lot of them available initially but I can order more later on. Thanks.

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 08:49:29 PM »

Hey evinrude 130. Yes, I have already applied for a patent. I have many hours and thousands of dollars invested in this idea. As soon as I get my product delivery I will let you know and provide the clips you need free of charge. My plan is just to get a few out there for crabbers to see and they will sell themselves. I won't have a lot of them available initially but I can order more later on. Thanks.

Good deal, thanks so much, I wish you much success.
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 08:49:26 AM »

Oldchickenecker,  I am  partime comm. trotliner and crab every sat and sun all season. I use clams all season also and have tried several ways to save time baiting clams. The only way to save time so far has been to have more family help. I run 3800 ft of line and 2 -3 hrs is the best my wife and i can do but that is start to finish including set up and clean up. If you make the show with your new product to bait clams into bags at commador hall in essex  post on this forum, i'd like to see it.
Old Chikkennekker
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 09:35:17 AM »

Hello rdbeard. Thanks for the reply. That is exactly why I developed this idea. The bags seem to be a love/hate relationship. Love the results but hated re-baiting every day. With my clip re-baiting is as fast as you can pick up the clams. I will have my first delivery of a limited amount soon. Last Aug. I asked how long it takes everyone to re-bait bags and you responded. I appreciated that very much and I will be happy to provide all the clips you need free of charge when they get here. Thanks again.
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »

What do the clips do ? hold the bag while you fill it or attach the bag to he line? or would you rather wait .
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 01:51:35 PM »

i already tried one method which was using a 4x4 pc of 3/8 plywood and using a hole saw to make as many holes about 2 3/4 in. as i could in it then stuffing bags in the holes and filling them by hand. it just added another step.

Old Chikkennekker
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 05:02:39 PM »

Hey rdbeard. LOL. Put away that hole saw! You will like this a whole lot better than that idea! All I have is an old video I made 5 months ago. The finished product has evolved but still uses the same principle. The clips are now made of 301 Stainless Steel. Email me and I will send that video.  [email protected]
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 01:44:37 AM »

Went yesterday, it was crowded. Pit beef ($8) and oysters ( 45 /6) were great. Saw a pot shaped net, plenty of room for 3/4 crabs. Just couldn't pull the trigger, I've had mine for 10 or more years now.  Karma thing, but it will probably break this year.
 Cars parked up and down the roads. Don't park on Harris Teeter lot, anouncement came and said vehicles were being towed away. That would be bad to find your car gone and the price it would cost to retrieve it.
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 08:40:06 AM »

I was really wanted to go but I ended up buying a bunch of fishing stuff off Craigslist and need to save up for a trip to Vegas again in April. I knew if I went I would spend more money that I really should. It's also a little far for me. I might still go to the one in Essex next month. Did they have a good deal on bass assassins with big paddle tails? I like them for stripers.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 10:13:31 AM »

Didn't look at the prices, but they had plenty of gear for rockfishing. I bought some GI Jigheads last year and they worked great. They have a skirt for it also, but I didn't buy any. Lot of Charter boat stands with trolling gear like different umbrellas and signing up for charters for the spring and restof year.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 02:25:05 PM »

Looks like the show in Essex is still on. Might make the trip if the weather is decent. From years past they had folks set up outside too.

ESSEX-MIDDLE RIVER MSSA FISHING FLEA MARKET
March 17 – 18, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., 1909 Old Eastern Avenue, Essex, MD

The Essex flea market is another one of those shows where you just never know what you’ll find. There’s an eclectic mix of vendors and tackle collectors, both inside and outside of the hall, along with a boat or two on display. There’s plenty of fresh tackle to be found here but if you’re looking to find inexpensive used gear, this is an excellent place to start. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home