October 23, 2018, 07:35:31 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Capt. Ron Yancey WMA, Louisiana  (Read 242 times)
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: January 17, 2018, 11:06:49 AM »

Its not a big deer by no means but I killed this 100# spike on opening day of rifle season 12-30-17 on our Wildlife Management Area (public land).  On the following Friday I let another small spike walk.  30 Yard shot.  Had the crosshairs on the top of his head,  hammer cocked and finger on trigger.  Beautiful light tan coat, dark black on the top of his head,  distinct white and black stipe around its nose.  White around its eyes.  Beautiful animal so I let it walk.  I had enough deer meat so I was just hunting horns.  Maybe next year I'll see him again. Wink

Ronnie

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 11:31:37 AM »

Nice Ron, you head shoot to save meat? I killed 2 1/2 meaning 2 80 to 100 lbs plus a yearling and my son killed a nice doe over 100 lbs.  this is good for us and we eat allot of venison. I don't hunt horns for the most part but if he  comes along thats fine too. On the smaller meat kills i should use the head shot to save time and meat but i don't like the mess it makes somtimes. My son hunts public land near my club land and stays with me in our camp he hunts within walking distance of the camper we stay in. Are you don for the season?
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 12:10:43 PM »

nice WTG

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
capt. ron
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 01:11:12 PM »

Nice Ron, you head shoot to save meat? I killed 2 1/2 meaning 2 80 to 100 lbs plus a yearling and my son killed a nice doe over 100 lbs.  this is good for us and we eat allot of venison. I don't hunt horns for the most part but if he  comes along thats fine too. On the smaller meat kills i should use the head shot to save time and meat but i don't like the mess it makes somtimes. My son hunts public land near my club land and stays with me in our camp he hunts within walking distance of the camper we stay in. Are you don for the season?

Probably.  Might make another trip if the weather is right.  From now till July the fish will be biting.  Maybe I'll make a bow hunt for a couple of days but the weather has to be right.  45*-65*  Not to hot not to cold.

laissez les bon temps rouler
let the good times roll
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 11:27:37 PM »

Nice job! I have taken 4 deer this year. Gave away one and split the other 3 between my family. I have a lot of people and a dog that loves jerky. Dog gets all the scraps made into jerky. She loves them. Nice dog treats. Hope to get one maybe 2 more this year.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home