September 25, 2018, 09:16:46 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Female add on?  (Read 1158 times)
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2018, 06:25:12 AM »

Was told females could be added to a male only lcc. True? If so, guessng that's just an extra yearly fee?
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 08:14:47 AM »

I have never heard that.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 08:19:47 AM »

Not that I know of.  That was one of the stipulations of keeping a license when they were trying to decrease the number of licenses.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 08:23:24 AM »

Thank you.
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 09:40:34 AM »

I'm trying to find the regs on female limits.. I know there's a small number allow able per your catch of males. But is the female license a "game changer" compared to just male? I've got a line on a boat and license deal but it's only male. Wanted a female but wondering if I will regret not waiting for one. Opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 09:50:09 AM »

I'm trying to find the regs on female limits.. I know there's a small number allow able per your catch of males. But is the female license a "game changer" compared to just male? I've got a line on a boat and license deal but it's only male. Wanted a female but wondering if I will regret not waiting for one. Opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Bottom-line is "What do you want to do with your license?"

For an LCC, most of the year (past years as new regulations can change this) you are only allowed 2bu per day except for Sept and/or Oct then it goes to 5bu/day.  Also, will you have a market for females or do you like females?  If not, then not sure it matters other then if you decide to sell it and the new buyer has a preference.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 10:20:20 AM »

It definitely wouldn't relplace my 40hr job, I know that. So seeing that the female limits are low I don't think it would bother me to have male only. Plus I'm not huge on keeping them anyway. But just the freedom to do with my catch as I please is what I'm truly after. Plus males it easier to tell the old lady I'm going crabbing. Thanks crabbyd.
Gary S

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 09:12:09 AM »

My wife said I have a ONE female limit!
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 11:17:47 AM »

Don't tell r_ventura_23.
SlickCam

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 07:44:15 PM »

When it comes to an LCC, males fill the wallet, females fill the freezer IMO...

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 09:11:10 PM »

My wife said I have a ONE female limit!
laugh

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
soggybottomboyz

Obama STILL SUCKS

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 03:28:06 PM »

I've made a lot of money off females the past 2 years/

"I am the reason there is a daily limit and I do not use orange plastic baskets ALL the time".
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 07:35:19 PM »

[dang] pimp!!!
7hose

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 06:08:44 PM »

I'm trying to find the regs on female limits.. I know there's a small number allow able per your catch of males.

Hate to correct you but if you don't have a female endorsement you better not have any female crabs anywhere in your boat other than your culling basket. No matter how many males you get if you have 1 female in your boat and get caught you will be fined.
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 10:34:10 PM »

I had asked this back when I was shopping lcc's. What I post below is copy and pasted out of comar. Are they talking about the females in the cull box? The way I first interpreted it is that there is a tolerance of female in your catch.  Im Just trying to understand how the rules are written.

(6) Except as specified in F(2) of this regulation, an individual licensed to catch crabs for commercial purposes may not catch or possess in the Chesapeake Bay and its tidal tributaries more than:

(a) Five mature female hard crabs per bushel of male crabs; or

(b) 13 mature female hard crabs per barrel of male crabs.

(7) Beginning in 2010, an individual with a limited crab harvester (LCC) license will be considered as limited crab harvester frozen license status, as specified in F(2)(b) of this regulation, if that license is not designated as a:

(a) Limited crab harvester active license; or

(b) Limited crab harvester male only license.

(Cool The commercial female crab daily catch limit shall be determined by the license type based on the abundance target for spawning age crabs recommended by the Chesapeake Bay Stock Assessment Committee.

(9) Except as provided in B(11) of this regulation, an individual licensed to catch crabs for commercial purposes may not harvest or possess more mature female hard crabs daily than the catch limit specified by the individual's license type

7hose

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 05:38:41 AM »

So I can see how this would be very confusing as everything in COMAR is. Reading this many times over let me be the first to say I MAY BE WRONG and please someone correct me if I am.

The way I am interpretting what you have posted is prior to 2010 an individual was allowed (5) females per bushel of males or (13) females per barrel of males. 2010 and beyond you had a male only license which allowed only a male harvest and a active license which allowed both to be harvested but with announced limits on the females. How many females in your culling basket is irrelevant as you cannot control what comes in on your line or pot, just have to make sure they are not in a basket.

Not that this effects me as my license is both male and female but I'd like to know the official answer and if no one knows I'll ask DNR the next time I see them. Funny thing is they've pulled up next to my boat 3 times in the last 2 seasons and I've just B/S'd with them. Never asked me for anything other than how my day has been and 10 min later they were gone. I treat them like any other boater, with respect and have never been bothered.
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 11:16:47 AM »

That's kinda what I was thinking. Be nice if they worded it all for the current years regs and not even talk about past regs. I can also take both per the license I ended up with but would be nice to know for clarification purposes. Thanks for the input.
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 12:48:59 PM »

The 5 crabs per basket referes to a few getting in with the males by mistake on a all males lic. i think with the recs there is a zero tolerance rule.
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 08:00:10 PM »

The 5 crabs per basket referes to a few getting in with the males by mistake on a all males lic. i think with the recs there is a zero tolerance rule.

Redbeard is right.

The numbers in comar refer to the allowance in possession for a commercial license before a ticket is written.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home