February 25, 2018, 03:04:21 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Crabs in Early/Mid June?  (Read 446 times)
BestAuntEVER

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2018, 04:46:04 PM »

Greetings, All.
I would like to take my 10 year old nephew crabbing in Delaware during early or mid-June. I think that may be a bit early, but I am looking for the best places in DE to crab, from land or maybe even by row boat. Not sure about the boat-we don't own one and neither my husband nor I have a boating license. We would like to stay at a campground nearby the crabbing spot. We have a hybrid camper. Any help would be appreciated!
discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 08:46:19 AM »

I am sure some others will chime in on some locations in southern DE that could meet your needs, but the one popular spot to crab is Love Creek Bridge on Rte 24, parking at the Love Creek Marina and short walk to the bridge. There is a daily fee to park there, about $7. All you need is a couple of traps with about 20-25 foot rope and your in business. June is a good time for the bridge, but it does get busy on weekends. Good luck.
jp57

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 10:29:26 AM »

June is a little early for Love Creek. If you are looking to just have fun catching a bunch of small crabs, it's a good place to go. If you are looking to catch dinner, I'd would go further south. Look for something around Indian River.
r_ventura_23

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 02:16:38 PM »

Greetings, All.
I would like to take my 10 year old nephew crabbing in Delaware during early or mid-June. I think that may be a bit early, but I am looking for the best places in DE to crab, from land or maybe even by row boat. Not sure about the boat-we don't own one and neither my husband nor I have a boating license. We would like to stay at a campground nearby the crabbing spot. We have a hybrid camper. Any help would be appreciated!

Taking a kid crabbing?   You definitely are the best Aunt ever.
Wallco99

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 03:51:56 PM »

You sure are a fine aunt. And female crabs are extra tasty in June, so get your share of them as well.

Gary S

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 09:21:20 AM »

You will find that the majority of camp grounds in DE are seasonal but not all, try Treasure Beach, if one of you is retired military then there is a good deal near Bethany. Either of those may have some pier crabbing or a short drive from crabbing. Good crabbing starts and stops at different times each year so ask again closer to that time, several of us crab southern DE. Good luck!
PaulyCrabber

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 03:40:36 PM »

You should be fine at Love Creek in June.I catch crabs way earlier not far from there.There is a Free Ramp in Rosedale that is near the Power Plant.if you can't find it message me and I'll be happy to help you.
MCC CRAB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 10:14:22 AM »

If you want to go in Md i am sure i could find time to get you , husband and your nephew out could meet me at the river. Have traps, boat and bait, crab Wye river

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home