Hunter Hit In Head By Dead Goose

Started by jake phelps, February 03, 2018, 09:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jake phelps

tattoo

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.

Wallco99

indoe

I'm actually surprised more people are not hit by geese. Geese are shot some times flying right above the hunters. Or flying towards the hunters before shot. When you are laying down in a blind I would guess it could be hard to get out some times. The geese have little to no control after they are shot. 25 to 30 pounds dropped on you from 50ft in the air will hurt.
Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!

Wallco99

You have to be pretty [dang] dumb to get hit by a bird that you just shot. And I don't think it takes a 2:38 video to explain that, or the fact that it hurts and the trajectory of the fall. And I don't know about tragic. The twin towers falling and school shootings are tragic. This idiot only got hit by a bird, a bird which hit him as a results of his own actions. And i'm sure that 1 in 4,000,000 odds is a complete fabrication. I seriously do not believe that anyone has ever done the math on that, and why would they.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

reds

Quote from: Wallco99 on February 03, 2018, 03:09:18 PM
You have to be pretty [dang] dumb to get hit by a bird that you just shot. And I don't think it takes a 2:38 video to explain that, or the fact that it hurts and the trajectory of the fall. And I don't know about tragic. The twin towers falling and school shootings are tragic. This idiot only got hit by a bird, a bird which hit him as a results of his own actions. And i'm sure that 1 in 4,000,000 odds is a complete fabrication. I seriously do not believe that anyone has ever done the math on that, and why would they.

In my younger years I was a hunting guide.

I have seen this happen twice. Both times the geese were in front, attempting to land in the decoys, coming straight at us. Both times the geese hit the hunters after being shot and their momentum had carried them into the pit. Long on odds but it does happen.

Crab Shack

Which is why you should always wear headgear when you go goose hunting!   :laugh: :army::stars: :idea:
NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

Wallco99

Skiiffin

25 to 30 lbs ???????  I thought it was a goose not a turkey ..  !!!  LMAO
A BAD DAY ON THE WATER .IS BETTER THEN A DAY AT WORK .
                           UNLESS IT'S RAINING !!  <*)=^=-(

Wallco99

Actually, I think it may have been a falling tree branch.

Crab Shack

What's a dead goose doing up in a tree anyway?
NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

Wallco99

He's bad at vocabulary. He thought he was a Grouse.