February 20, 2018, 02:48:06 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible striper regs  (Read 87 times)
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2018, 10:19:59 PM »

I saw this on the the Anglers fishing report. I have seen some very bad info about using commercial crab pots from them but hoping this info is correct.

"On February 7th, during their Winter meetings in Arlington, Virginia, the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC) approved the Maryland DNR’s request for tweaks to the rules and regulations regarding resident Rockfish. DNR requested that there be a 19″ minimum size requirement during all or part of the summer/fall months, or year round in conjunction with a mandatory circle hook requirement for recreational bait fishermen. The two Rockfish per person will remain the same with 1 allowed over 28″."

What I don't understand is they said they approved the request from the MD DNR but it looks like its still up in the air what the DNR is going to do or what is going to be approved.

DNR requested that there be a 19″ minimum size requirement during all or part of the summer/fall months, or year round in conjunction with a mandatory circle hook requirement for recreational bait fishermen.

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
reds

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 07:23:53 AM »

I saw this on the the Anglers fishing report. I have seen some very bad info about using commercial crab pots from them but hoping this info is correct.

"On February 7th, during their Winter meetings in Arlington, Virginia, the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC) approved the Maryland DNR’s request for tweaks to the rules and regulations regarding resident Rockfish. DNR requested that there be a 19″ minimum size requirement during all or part of the summer/fall months, or year round in conjunction with a mandatory circle hook requirement for recreational bait fishermen. The two Rockfish per person will remain the same with 1 allowed over 28″."

What I don't understand is they said they approved the request from the MD DNR but it looks like its still up in the air what the DNR is going to do or what is going to be approved.

DNR requested that there be a 19″ minimum size requirement during all or part of the summer/fall months, or year round in conjunction with a mandatory circle hook requirement for recreational bait fishermen.

When it comes to rockfish, DNR doesn't have the final say. The Maryland legislature has to approve the move to 19".

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:27:06 AM by reds » Logged

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home