December 12, 2018, 10:15:51 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: shrink wrap for boat top?  (Read 645 times)
badhabit

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2018, 09:47:43 PM »

trying to decide what to make my boat top out of. someone told me some crabbers just make a frame and shrink wrap it. has anyone done this or know if it holds up?
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 09:33:55 AM »

Most guys that go that route just use a blue tarp as the cover. They work fine for one season. Shrink wrap is tougher and would probably hold up better, but it is going to be more expensive.
badhabit

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 03:07:38 PM »

thanks i was told that the shrink wrap would last about 4 years. the thing i like about it is it would be lighter than other options.
J-Philla

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 08:10:55 AM »

trying to decide what to make my boat top out of. someone told me some crabbers just make a frame and shrink wrap it. has anyone done this or know if it holds up?

i used a old billboard sign's material and made a canopy cover that is 11ft/9ft.  used a brad devise to pop holes and rivet in the little copper holes for ziptying it to my frame.  so far it has lasted 2 years, the total amount of $ spent under 100$.
lone sailor

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 05:08:07 PM »

Id get a price on getting it wrapped. Depending on the size it might be cheaper than you think alot of guys use bigger pieces of "scrap" wrap for doing jet skis for arround $75, a canopy cant be much bigger. Our canopy at our hunting property final gave out after 10 years the wrap was green with moss but it held up. Really considering adding one to my boat this year, of course my buddy does shrink wrapping lol

badhabit

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 06:45:24 PM »

10 years is great.
lone sailor

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 07:46:41 PM »

We got a foot of snow during one storm and the canopy poles bent and pushed one trailer whose roof touched the edge of the canopy off its blocks, a 30 ft single wide. The wrap never broke pretty sure they just got new poles and kept the top that was wrapped cause i don't remember getting it redone i was blown away.
rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 12:47:51 PM »

Lone sailor my son does shrink wrap and has been doing it for awhile his prices start at 10.00 ft but will make deals when he has the extra or scrap as you call it. He has never done a canopy for a boat as far as i know but he can do anything from what i've seen. Call me 443-827-4193
lone sailor

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 01:43:39 PM »

Lone sailor my son does shrink wrap and has been doing it for awhile his prices start at 10.00 ft but will make deals when he has the extra or scrap as you call it. He has never done a canopy for a boat as far as i know but he can do anything from what i've seen. Call me 443-827-4193
Appreciate the info rdbeard, but I have a buddy that does it I just have to decide what I want lol. He wrapped the boat for me this year with an A frame so we can work on it. Your right itís pretty versatile for sure
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 03:23:19 PM »

anything redbeard, is tip top!

it will be awesome! Good luck

in∑teg∑ri∑ty   
Ėnoun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home