June 17, 2018, 06:09:13 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crab season opening week Brazoria County  (Read 583 times)
J-Philla

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2018, 08:44:34 AM »

Well another season has begun, and on monday all 200 traps went back to fishing........  On Wednesday upon return to the gear we were blessed to see about a 4-5lb average in the beginning of our string.  Unfortunately not even half way through our sets, we began to notice how far off our string of gear was from where we set it, immediately we though the tide moved it around, but once we started pulling trap after trap with the doors open it was abruptly clear that some POS poacher had run over 100 traps.  Im not one to rant about poachers, but [dang] cant a man make a living without having to spend 1k$ in game cams to catch someone that the LEO's should catch.  Leo's seemed less worried about the waterman in my area for the last 4 years as we've had problems for a while, and after talking to a couple of other crabbers i wasnt the only one poached.  Once this asshat is caught i will definitely be pressing charges to the fullest extent of the law, and willl report back so the public can see the face of a thief.  Well now the rant is over, back to crab talk.  for the fist couple of days the crabs have been fat and plentiful. stone crabs havnt really started chewing yet, but big #1's jimmys have filled the void.  hope all you east coast guys are safe and sound from this horrible storm ya'll just got your asses kicked by.  Hope everyone has a great 2018 season!!!!!!

Capt. Josh
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 09:18:34 AM »

Sorry to hear about the poacher. Shame people like that are around. Glad to hear you are catching crabs.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 03:07:53 PM »

hope they get caught , have a great season

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
BJ1fish
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 08:44:24 PM »

Thieves that steal from Watermen should get mandatory jail time.  Stealing food from your kids mouth.  I am glad to hear you are catching quality crabs.  Did you recover your gear after the flood?
J-Philla

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 09:48:44 PM »

Yes sir i was really lucky and moved all my traps from my parents place (less than a mile from Brazos river) just in time to unfortunately watch them loose everything.  Our area was hit hard by Harvey and some people are still living day to day waiting on insurance claims to be paid out fairly, and to rebuild their homes and start living like normal again.

rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 01:54:32 PM »

3-phiia i will be buying some la crabs this weekend, the place i buy from buys crabs there and i'm glad your catchin. I crab comm part time here and won't catch the first ones till about mid to late may where i crab.
J-Philla

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 09:05:13 AM »

Got a call sunday from a good friend of mine asking if i was out running my gear.  I was not, however that piece of excrement poacher decided to help himself to my gear again, and this time the law came crashing down on em.  LEO caught 4 guy in a untitled boat with no licenses or safety gear with a 120qt ice chest full of my hard earned paycheck.  on top of the poaching charges there going to get, they were stupid enough to just dump the entire contents of my gear directly into their cooler (sponge crab, stonies, and small crab).  Warden didn't even know where to start the ticket violations as a sponge crab in this state carries a 500$ fine, and ive had about 3-10 per trap this week.  i hope these guys get a fine so big it takes them years to pay it off.

FINALLY A LITTLE JUSTICE!!!!!!!
Chef Lar
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 10:44:13 AM »

WTG on both fronts.

"Don't be a dumbass." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 03:50:46 PM »

Hope the court system thinks like you do in terms of fines. But a liberal judge now days is likely to just slap them on the hand and cut them loose. But they will have it on the records for the next time they get caught. which most likely will occur.
 Glad they were caught and really hope they get some jail time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home