August 19, 2022, 08:43:02 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merrit Island 4-18-2018  (Read 645 times)
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2018, 02:36:21 PM »

I had the need so I took another drive. Didn't do that well! I only got five after about four hours!
I was using chicken necks that had been frozen for about a month. Nothing was going into the ring traps after the necks.
There was a fella chicken neckin next to me and was doing OK but not great but he was getting some; I wasn't.
I also had a cotton ring trap along with the metal ones. No difference. I also threw a 1/2 commercial trap in the water with two fish heads. Nothing too! Occasionally I could see a big crab go swimming by! What the ...........!
I took the fish heads out of the trap and threw them in shallow water. Yup they wee attracting crabs!
When in Rome......... I put on a pair of hip boots and got the net. I ended up with five in about one hour. Tough day on the water! It's getting hot down here too! 88F today.

I added a few photographs for Joe Crabs so he can see the areas I am crabbing at. He would like to see more photos from me!
The first two photos are of Biolab Road where it gets serious crabbing pressure all summer. Right now the crabs they are getting right now are only 4.5 inches. One more molt and they will be good crabs. Many 10 gallon coolers are filled here!
The next two photos are of the USFWS Black Point Refuge. Great place for crabbing but as you can see they banned crabbing and fishing off wildlife drive. Bummer; there are a lot of crabs here!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 12:30:29 PM by SHELLFISH » Logged

Retired in paradise!
tattoo
In Memoriam 09/2021
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 04:07:50 PM »

enjoy em

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.
king crab 48
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 06:29:00 PM »

I had the need so I took another drive. Didn't do that well! I only got five after about four hours!
I was using chicken necks that had been frozen for about a month. Nothing was going into the ring traps after the necks.
There was a fella chicken neckin next to me and was doing OK but not great but he was getting some; I wasn't.
I also had a cotton ring trap along with the metal ones. No difference. I also threw a 1/2 commercial trap in the water with two fish heads. Nothing too! Occasionally I could see a big crab go swimming by! What the ...........!
I took the fish heads out of the trap and threw them in shallow water. Yup they wee attracting crabs!
When in Rome......... I put on a pair of hip boots and got the net. I ended up with five in about one hour. Tough day on the water! It's getting hot down here too! 88F today.
      THIRTY EIGHT UP HERE !!!!!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home