October 17, 2018, 11:57:22 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: seasoning question  (Read 1086 times)
Killerflyingbugs

Ignore
« on: March 12, 2018, 08:04:56 AM »

Any one else use Cajun seafood seasoning on there steamed crabs? I happened across it the other day when I went to the store to get some seasoning for a few crabs I caught, and like it way better than old bay, I was just curious.

They don't sell JO's down here so I have never had it.
KALknowsRAE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 10:37:56 PM »

They don't sell JO's down here.

I'm pretty sure you can buy it from their online store.

Crabbing: A game of pinches.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 11:51:27 AM »

Yes you can

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 05:53:32 PM »

I used some Cajun seasoning when I grilled some of my crabs. Here are some directions, as shared with me by CraigFos. Give it a try, I bet you will enjoy crabs this way. Just substitute the Tony Chachere's Creole with your cajun seasoning.

To grill the crabs you first must clean them.  The best way to do this is to ice them down for about a half an hour.  This makes them very docile and easier to clean.  Just beware, some snap out of it real quick and take offense to you trying to remove their shell. 

I use a large kitchen knife to pry the upper shell off.  Put the crab face down on a skid resistant surface and place the knife between the upper shell and the body.  Push the knife all the way in and then push the upper shell away from the body.  Clean out the guts.  I also remove the apron and the mouth.

I season the crabs by sprinkling on Tony Chachereís Creole Seasoning.  I place foil on a hot grill and place the crabs on the foil.  I then spoon on butter melted with minced garlic and cayenne pepper.  If you donít like spicy food, be careful with the cayenne.  Cook the crabs for about 20 minutes, until the claws are an orange color.  Some of the legs may become burnt, but this is normal.

If you donít eat all the crabs, you can reheat them on the grill.  I had a dab of butter and heat them for about 10 minutes.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 08:01:43 PM »

Old Bay, and only Old Bay, for me.

Killerflyingbugs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 09:26:17 PM »

I used some Cajun seasoning when I grilled some of my crabs. Here are some directions, as shared with me by CraigFos. Give it a try, I bet you will enjoy crabs this way. Just substitute the Tony Chachere's Creole with your cajun seasoning.

To grill the crabs you first must clean them.  The best way to do this is to ice them down for about a half an hour.  This makes them very docile and easier to clean.  Just beware, some snap out of it real quick and take offense to you trying to remove their shell. 

I use a large kitchen knife to pry the upper shell off.  Put the crab face down on a skid resistant surface and place the knife between the upper shell and the body.  Push the knife all the way in and then push the upper shell away from the body.  Clean out the guts.  I also remove the apron and the mouth.

I season the crabs by sprinkling on Tony Chachereís Creole Seasoning.  I place foil on a hot grill and place the crabs on the foil.  I then spoon on butter melted with minced garlic and cayenne pepper.  If you donít like spicy food, be careful with the cayenne.  Cook the crabs for about 20 minutes, until the claws are an orange color.  Some of the legs may become burnt, but this is normal.

If you donít eat all the crabs, you can reheat them on the grill.  I had a dab of butter and heat them for about 10 minutes.
Never grilled blue crabs, but now I must. The seasoning I used was cajun blackened seasoning and worked well with the crabs.
Cappykenn

If it's gonna happen, it'll happen out there.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 07:56:18 PM »

Think I may also try this grilling thing.. I have always steamed them..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home