May 21, 2019, 07:29:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harris Crabhouse Kent Narrows  (Read 2608 times)
chesapeak

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2018, 09:04:29 PM »

OK i used to go here almost weekly when I lived in MD. I always went to the top floor and if it was nice out we sat on the outside tables. We watched the boats in the narrows and ate good thick honest crabs. There are lots of crab places in MD and at one point I would drive about an hour every week to eat the crabs from this place. I didnt know anybody and they didnt bother too much to know me but it was still the best I could find. They also had the best big belly fried clams ever. About 7-8 years ago I moved to NC and have not been to Harris since.

So

I was just wondering how good a job they do now at Harris Crab House. I have a wedding to go a little ways north in the middle of May. MY plan for a few of us is to stop for crabs the day after the wedding on our way back south. I just need to know where to go for the best crabs available on MD eastern shore that saturday.

I thought I might as well ask you all what you think about Harris and for the next best place to eat crabs between Glascow,DE and Chesapeake Bay Bridge - Tunnel

I love the late summer and fall. We are over the hump now. Things start to slow down. The vacationers start to leave and traffic starts getting back to normal. The ducks are going to be coming in and the crabs are the biggest and heaviest of the year.
LewCrab
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:43:51 PM »

Harris crab house is still a staple of Kent island and a great place to sit down with friends and eat crabs.  If you want a more private setting then go to Stevensville Crab Shack.  http://www.stevensvillecrabshack.com/

Either way you can't lose

An old timer at heart who loves the Bay and all the resources it provides.  Respect locals buy local!
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 07:23:41 AM »

Went to Harris' after a striper charter August 2016.  $84 per dozen (on a vendor's tab  Wink) and they were bricks.  Large bricks. 

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.
MCC CRAB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 04:36:34 PM »

I have always liked Kentmore down on Kent Island , they are also on the water and have had very good crabs and food.
chesapeak

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 08:13:54 PM »

Thanks guys.  Glad to hear Harris is still pretty respected.  The other suggestions also look interesting. 

Anybody know any place good along 13 south to the Ches Bay Bridge Tunnel  ??

I love the late summer and fall. We are over the hump now. Things start to slow down. The vacationers start to leave and traffic starts getting back to normal. The ducks are going to be coming in and the crabs are the biggest and heaviest of the year.

Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 08:26:55 PM »

We come all the way from Chester County, PA to eat there. After we play a round at Queenstown Harbor.
Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 04:46:26 PM »

The main reason to go there is for the Home Made Nutty Buddy.  The Best I ever had.  You can taste the salt in the ice cream.  About the only place a commercial crabber will buy crabs.  Grin

Hmmm Road Trip!!! laugh

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!
LewCrab
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 11:46:14 AM »

Awww man, Homemade Nutty Buddies from Mike's Crab House on the South River are amazing as well.

An old timer at heart who loves the Bay and all the resources it provides.  Respect locals buy local!
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 12:12:16 PM »

I thought I might as well ask you all what you think about Harris and for the next best place to eat crabs between Glascow,DE and Chesapeake Bay Bridge - Tunnel
The Great Machipongo Clam Shack has steamed crabs.  Never been there but their parking lot is full every time we drive by. https://www.greatclams.com/ 6468 Lankford Hwy Nassawadox, VA 23413  Cool

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 02:43:00 PM »

I just looked  at their menu of the clam shack above.
I'd really like to try them out!

Retired in paradise!

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 04:16:03 PM »

I just looked  at their menu of the clam shack above.
I'd really like to try them out!
Yes.  I have been want to go there for years.  It's a little to far to go just for a meal.  It seems like when we pass them we just left home after breakfast or heading home after a late lunch in VB.  Grin

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 07:14:42 PM »

I know what you mean Jack!
I was driving through Calabash SC with all their interesting sea food restaurants and I had eaten an hour earlier! Bummer!
I haven't been back to the area since!

Retired in paradise!
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 09:42:29 PM »

Yes.  I have been want to go there for years.  It's a little to far to go just for a meal.  It seems like when we pass them we just left home after breakfast or heading home after a late lunch in VB.  Grin

We have been there several times Jack.  Usually we get oysters and fresh seafood

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home