January 28, 2022, 06:30:04 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Titusville 6-2-18  (Read 643 times)
booman17

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2018, 07:21:27 AM »

I drove out to Titusville early Sunday morning to try crabbing out there.  I launched the Kayak off of the beachy area on the side of the road just over the bridge at approx 8am.  I paddled over to the island directly across from the boat ramp, dropping 5 ring traps baited with chicken thighs on my way over.  I pulled the traps every 15-20 mins.  I did this for approx two hours with no luck!  The water was getting busy with boat traffic so I decided to paddle back to the car.  After loading the kayak on the car I found I still had some chicken left, so I drove to a small bridge by Cracker Jacks Seafood and Tiki Bar.  I baited 5 ring traps with chicken legs.  After approx 2 hours still no crabs and no sign of any activity.  This was my first time crabbing this area so I am not sure if it was just the spot or the crabs were just not hungry.  But with the heat I decided to pack up and call it a day.  I hope things start to pick up soon!
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 07:31:06 AM »

Thanks for the report but sorry to hear about no crabs! The trouble is I am finding the same results over in the New Smyrna area.....no crabs! My last three trips out have only produced 1 crab!
Saturday all the Sanford and Orlando folks showed up for crabs at the north Causeway fishing dock. One fella said he counted 41 lines in the water! Bottom line they caught no crabs! The crabbing success is real late this year.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 08:36:08 AM by SHELLFISH » Logged

Retired in paradise!
booman17

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 07:49:17 AM »

That was the problem I had last year was so many people in that location, so i am trying to find some different spots.  Have to take a few weeks off, so hopefully when I am able to get back out things are better!
tattoo
In Memoriam 09/2021
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 09:57:07 AM »

better luck next time

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: