October 14, 2019, 05:15:15 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell me where I am (in Dividing Creek)  (Read 1806 times)
Tenoldmen

Ignore
« on: June 09, 2006, 08:10:48 AM »

Hello,

I'm hoping someone could clear some things up for me...

When you take Maple Avenue (off of Main St.) and you get to the water (smaller body of water to your right and the larger one to your left), what is that area called? Does it even have a specific name other than Dividing Creek?

Also, is Turkey Point that area (if you continue down maple ave.) where the road comes to and end and there is a big wooden bridge?

And one more (possibly dumb) question: I have heard of people talk about Maple Pond- when I have been out crabbing in the larger side of Maple Ave., I have seen signs that say Maple Pond. I guess that is the area people refer to, right?

Oh, one more thing: when you check online for the tides for this area of dividng creek, what is the name of the area you check for? I have seen Dividing Creek entrance and Weir Street Bridge...which one is it and where are these places at exactly?

Thanks for the help!
on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 03:16:43 PM »

First area you describe, small water right/big left, is Maple Pond. Also the big whirlpool. People HAVE got sucked in there and drowned. Dont go near it. Big wooden arch bridge is Turkey Point. Wier Creek is the bridge/creek you go over "just" before Turkey Point. That would be good enough for tides.

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
Tenoldmen

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 09:24:57 PM »

Thanks OTH...now I finally know.

Never heard of that whirlpool...I will keep an eye out for it- I don't want to get sucked in. Do you think there are any crabs in there though? Wink

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out!
on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 09:35:02 PM »

Yes, there are PLENTY there. I've done good on either side. The right side is much harder bottom, and usually has water. The left is your normal marsh area. Water leaves, and knee deep mud. There are crabs there though. A lot of the guys here know that area.

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
Tenoldmen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 03:34:20 PM »

Ha...I meant are there crabs in the whirlpool...I was (unsucessfully) making a joke Roll Eyes. That's why I put the winking face next to it.

But thanks for the additional info on the area!

ussunlight

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 10:44:48 PM »

Dividing creek..I know the area. I have a summer home in Fortescue.  Turkey point is easy to find  use your NJ points of interest signs and follow the street sign. (Turkey Point)  If you like to crab that area, (on foot)  use heavy weights in your traps, the tides do run strong.  It is an excellent spot for watching birds and other wildlife too. Smiley
Tenoldmen

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 12:02:13 AM »

Thanks for the tips ussunlight...good info about the tides.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 12:22:46 AM »

good info. THANKS

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: