September 17, 2019, 12:46:38 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Onancock area??  (Read 374 times)
on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2018, 01:54:34 PM »

Daughter, bf and grand-daughter are going down for a week..They are NOT crabbers and the people they are going with are beginners at best...I believe they do have a dock or wade area??...I'll follow up when I know more...All I know is she asked if she can use some topless traps, but has no idea of locale....Anyway, good area? etc.....Any tips?...

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 03:37:31 PM »

First, Onancock is in Virginia and everyone knows there are NO crabs in Virginia. ;-) So I'll be moving this to the VA section.  Grin  If your daughter is staying at a private home on the water (most are waterfront in Onancock) it most likely will have a pier.  There is a harbor area in downtown with lots of piers and bulkhead area but I don't know if they allow fishing on them.  I would guess not. Rec crabbing is not a big thing on the Shore other than pots.  Crabbing in the upper Sound sucks but Onancock is a few miles farther south and could be totally different. If they want to buy crabs, tell them to head to Saxis.  Don't buy from the places on RT13.   Cool  

Traps are considered "handlines in VA".  She can use as many as she wants.

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home