October 23, 2019, 01:33:58 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First time report  (Read 331 times)
Odin908

Ignore
« on: September 09, 2018, 09:57:52 PM »

So,  even though i knew the weather was going to be bad, i had promised my sons we would try crabbing. We went to American legion road in Keyport instead of going to the oceanic bridge, as was the original plan until the bad weather. The fishing was horrible, as was expected. We tried to go at 9:30am, but the entire dock was flooded. A worker at Keyport Fishery told us that we would do better at low tide. We went home, then came back about 20 minutes after low tide. I think that was a mistake. Firstly, i think we should have set our traps then, and been able to check them when we got back. I also think we should have gotten back around an hour before low tide, while the water was still moving out. Ended up catching a few babies, enough to get the kids excited. All in all, a good day. I'm hoping for better weather next weekend. Any and all advice would be welcome, thanks.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 10:33:29 PM »

A promise is a promise.  Your sons have to appreciate having a dad that follows up on what he says. Better luck next time. The weather has affected most of us at one time or another.
Odin908

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 05:53:03 AM »

A promise is a promise.  Your sons have to appreciate having a dad that follows up on what he says. Better luck next time. The weather has affected most of us at one time or another.

Thank you. I at least got the chance to teach my 4 year old the importance of keeping garbage out of the water. It's a shame how much trash was all over the place there.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home