April 21, 2019, 12:41:44 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11/8/18 Eastern Shore Mid Bay: very troubling start turned GOLDEN  (Read 2439 times)
bcrawf2095

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 03:25:59 PM »

You make lids for your plastic baskets? I came across a trash can lid from a 20 gallon can the other day and thought it might fit quite well.
Stabilizer

Work hard, Play harder.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2018, 04:58:55 PM »

Couple baskets of awesome crabs, you did great.  Iím afraid the season is over for me this year.  Congrats on sticking with it under challenging conditions. -
pintail
Lifetime Member

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2018, 05:00:32 PM »

Nice going Rick. You deserve everyone of those crabs after all the work you did to get them. Are you finished for the year? You must have a good dipper this time!!!
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »

I used to use the wooden lids, until about 10 years or so ago, when I found plastic lids about the same size as my basket. I drilled a bunch of 1" holes and made these to fit. They are great. They don't have the little metal lid side clips like the wooden ones do, so when you dunk them you have to hold the basket where those clips would have been, and not by the handles, so the lid doesn't flap up in those spots. These are 20 gallon lids, so you are correct, they will work. I love making cool [shiz] for the boat, it's about 25% of the fun of crabbing.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2018, 05:17:48 PM »

Nice going Rick. You deserve everyone of those crabs after all the work you did to get them. Are you finished for the year? You must have a good dipper this time!!!
It helps to be right handed with my setup. I let you off the hook last week for being a southpaw. LOL. I only missed two of 111 (which I realize is two too many), and one was a total rookie miss on my part. Funny thing is, we landed 109 keepers and that one I missed pissed me off all day. The other one came up at the last second, but I still should have had it. Caught 7 or 8 divers (drop offs), pretty deep under the boat to make up for the other two, but still angry at myself for such a weak attempt at that first one. Reaching down several feet under the water, totally in the dark, and coming up with a diver that jumped off the line is probably the funnest part of crabbing to me. That feeling of "success" never gets old. LOL.

I'm not sure if we're done or not this year, Tom. Burger will be away next week and not sure what the weather has in store for the following week. I will let you know.

jgar529

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2018, 06:01:04 PM »

Great catch.  I went on 11/4/2018 and it was cold but not too bad.  My wife and I caught what we wanted and gave each of our neighbors a bushel.

Thats what I'm talkin' bout!
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2018, 06:16:03 PM »

Great catch.  I went on 11/4/2018 and it was cold but not too bad.  My wife and I caught what we wanted and gave each of our neighbors a bushel.

What a great gesture. Sounds like you had an even better day than me.
crabbymike17

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2018, 11:45:07 PM »

Omg, Jake phelps totally out crabbed that Grady single handedly all year.  Kinda sucks huh?   
crabbymike17

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2018, 12:27:41 AM »

I was one of the 2 comms you were between  😃 come that close again and I promise I'll snip your line.  I still like you wallco.  Don't push you luck. 
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2018, 12:39:46 AM »

I was one of the 2 comms you were between  😃 come that close again and I promise I'll snip your line.  I still like you wallco.  Don't push you luck. 

If you are him, then I do apologize, and I moved the second I saw you. We never saw that dark buoy in the water. I tried running in the same direction as the two boats, but it didn't work so well. Just a footnote though, if my line ever gets cut for being at a legal distance, which I was, then I cut back. I like you to, from previous conversations on here, so no need for the bickering.

crabbymike17

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2018, 12:52:37 AM »

You're good with me wallco, I may even become a lifetime member like you.   Keep doing what you're good at.  Everyone likes you, so do I.  I love your posts with exception of destain for jake.   Really liked that crab jewelry string photo.  Maybe next year I'll post too rather than be groupie.   We'll see, most serious comms are tightlipped, so am i.  Winterize that grady.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2018, 12:56:33 AM »

You're good with me wallco, I may even become a lifetime member like you.   Keep doing what you're good at.  Everyone likes you, so do I.  I love your posts with exception of destain for jake.   Really liked that crab jewelry string photo.  Maybe next year I'll post too rather than be groupie.   We'll see, most serious comms are tightlipped, so am i.  Winterize that grady.

I'll lighten up on Jake, since you didn't cut my line and seem like an alright guy. I've made my point about him, no point in me continuing to harp on it. Was that really you out there last Thursday?
crabbymike17

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2018, 01:03:36 AM »

Go to sleep bro.  I'm the ghost ship of Jake's story.  Let it all go so we can all dream about crabbing. 
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2018, 01:15:17 AM »

sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping sleeping
Crab Cat

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 02:14:14 PM »

Jakes lids are better Shocked

Wallco99
Lifetime Member