May 21, 2019, 07:32:11 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Belford Seafood Cooperative February 20,2019  (Read 2071 times)
#1 JIMMY

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2019, 05:01:15 PM »

Crab Boat Mary Virginia with a ton load of females dredged up yesterday from New York Bay
BirdsNestKing
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 05:02:14 PM »

😱

At the end of the day, it's not about how many fish or crabs you put in the cooler but about how many memories you put in your life and the lives of your "mates".
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 05:27:33 PM »

They look delicious.
crab-E-1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 08:21:53 PM »

Nice load of sooks
duranautic al

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 10:13:12 PM »

our breeders Sad

Capt. Frank
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 11:30:06 AM »

Yum.   Only 4 more months to get my own Sad(

Capt. Frank
"HEAT SEEKER"
Chief Instructor
  NJBoatingCollege.Com
  (201) 716-2883 NJ Classes
  (212) 465-3992 NY Classes
  "We teach.  NOT just read to you."
Jersey Mike

Hyper Active

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 04:33:41 AM »

our breeders Sad
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed EmbarassedSAD, VERY SAD!!!!! Reminds me of Asian seafood markets with baskets filled with all females. Soon enough they'll all be gone.
keith63

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 06:48:17 AM »

its all about the almighty buck. sad
saltysenior

ex-wye rat---who now C B C

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 09:08:19 AM »

its all about the almighty buck. sad

it's all about people trying to make a living thru a highly regulated means...
Capt. Frank
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 10:33:01 AM »

Perhaps even dredged from upper NY Harbor?  Sad

Capt. Frank
"HEAT SEEKER"
Chief Instructor
  NJBoatingCollege.Com

wolfi28

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 02:49:07 PM »

So sad  Cry At a very young age, I was always taught to release the females to grow the population of crab so future generations can enjoy.  When I land crab and someone says "I'll take her if you don't want her" I feel like smacking the [curd] out of them.  I understand it's legal but it doesn't make it right...in my opinion.  Looking forward to some big Jimmies later this year!
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 04:57:04 PM »

So sad  Cry At a very young age, I was always taught to release the females to grow the population of crab so future generations can enjoy.  When I land crab and someone says "I'll take her if you don't want her" I feel like smacking the [curd] out of them.  I understand it's legal but it doesn't make it right...in my opinion.  Looking forward to some big Jimmies later this year!

You had a wise teacher, not everyone thinks about the future of the crabs.
kranmars

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 09:41:55 AM »

If they keep it up, one day (when there are no more) they will wish they never took them.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 10:24:19 AM »

Well, I'm sure ace_ventura 23 will gladly buy you a beer, and may even hire you as a sidekick in his quest to save the female crustacean population. Me, on the other hand, I agree with Capt. Frank.....Yummmm!!!
Capt. Frank
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 11:24:04 PM »

Tree huggers....   I'll take his too.  LOL

Well, I'm sure ace_ventura 23 will gladly buy you a beer, and may even hire you as a sidekick in his quest to save the female crustacean population. Me, on the other hand, I agree with Capt. Frank.....Yummmm!!!

Capt. Frank
"HEAT SEEKER"
Chief Instructor
  NJBoatingCollege.Com

Toneyfish

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 09:02:03 PM »

It is a shame the crabs are empty hardly any meat on them from hibernating the winter. The need to give them a chance to get full of meat. And let the females get pregnant and bread before they are all gone! You are lucky to get a few big jimmy's today their are more throw backs then keepers. The crabs need a break.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 07:26:29 AM »

It is a shame the crabs are empty hardly any meat on them from hibernating the winter. The need to give them a chance to get full of meat. And let the females get pregnant and bread before they are all gone! You are lucky to get a few big jimmy's today their are more throw backs then keepers. The crabs need a break.

Come on, they just had four months off. Even Congress doesn't break that long. Game on!!
Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 04:22:10 PM »

Most crabs caught early, before the first slough, are heavy mudders.   They go to sleep fat, they wake up fat. They don't get "light" overwintering in the mud.   If they get yanked outta the mud before they wake up they're just as fat as they were when they went to sleep.  

Shame is,  that picture is literally billions of crabs that will never have a chance to live.  But with the snow at least they won't die on the way to
 market...
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 05:26:17 PM »

Everyone acts like female crabs are the God damned Virgin Mary, and don't need males to reproduce. I don't care if they have 1 billion eggs each, without males they are useless. So everyone stop complaining, both genders are equally important, regardless of what the "gender neutral" idiots say. And if you are going to keep one then keep an equal amount of the other to balance things out. A world with 7 billion female crabs, and 748 male crabs, would be depleted just as fast as a world with 7 billion males and a handful of females. People tend to forget the role of the MALE crab, which is item #3 on the liberal agenda, right behind global warming and Russia!!!
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 07:34:38 PM »

Shame is,  that picture is literally billions of crabs that will never have a chance to live.  But with the snow at least they won't die on the way to
 market...

But worth a couple hundred dollars to the folks who caught them and even more to the picking plants. Is it worth that money, guess it depends on how you think the future of crabbing could be.  Some think they deserve that money because they have been doing it for years. Some will remember how the crabbing use to be in the 50's and 60's.  Supply and demand has ruin the crab population, along with pollution.

Oh well, same old, same old for some. While the folks who see the damage done want changes to have more crabs in the future. Glad the DNR has made some rule changes, but it's really not enough, IMHO.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home