August 14, 2020, 09:48:19 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decreasing male-to-female blue crab ratio concerns scientists  (Read 12566 times)
Wallco99

« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2019, 08:47:39 AM »

There are more stories about this than people realize. I was bitten by crabs a few times in the 70s during Aug. and my finger swelled and was painful. I went to a doctor and he gave me antibiotics that cleared it. There was another story a few years ago where a retired Philly police man went crabbing with his son and back at the pier he was helping a man unload crab pots when one scraped is arm. He made the mistake of washing the wound with sea water. He was dead in a few days. These bacteria can double every hour and that's why they spread out of control so fast .The best defense if you get a cut on the water in summer is to do the following . First, wash the wound with clean tap or bottled water , not from the Bay . Apply first aid antiseptic alcohol to the wound. I carry a spray bottle of it on board for easy application. Bleach or Peroxide is not recommended by doctors. Then apply an  anti biotic ointment  like bacitracin to the wound and then bandage it. I would see a doctor if any swelling, color or pain is present to be on the safe side. Clean water, alcohol , bacitracin, bandage .

From now on, you will be considered our "Friendly Forum Pharmacist". LOL.
Neither Crab

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2019, 12:04:32 PM »

I would advise you to get a second opinion on that. laugh
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2019, 11:37:36 AM »

http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/Pages/blue-crab/dredge.aspx

Thanks DNR for providing this for us crabbers. It's a glimmer of hope for this season. In the last 11 years since the female restrictions, most years were better then the 10 years before the restrictions. Proof is in the stats.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2019, 11:13:09 AM »

Thanks Brenda Davis, your crab management ideas were on target. Even with the current water and pollution issues growing, the crab population has slowly improved.  Hope the MD DNR doesn't let up and give in to anyone who wants to use the news in the  2019 dredge report as a way to ease restrictions.

Hoping this report is spot on, nothing like a good year of crabbing to make 2019 more enjoyable.
joecrabbr

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2019, 03:28:28 PM »

Thanks Brenda Davis, your crab management ideas were on target. Even with the current water and pollution issues growing, the crab population has slowly improved.  Hope the MD DNR doesn't let up and give in to anyone who wants to use the news in the  2019 dredge report as a way to ease restrictions.

Hoping this report is spot on, nothing like a good year of crabbing to make 2019 more enjoyable.

I never trust that report... ever. The years they say itís bad are good and the years they say itís good are bad. As far as easing restrictions.. they NEVER give back what they take away. One day chicken neckers will figure that out and understand why waterman fight for what they do for a living when more restrictions are drawn up

Summertop
Lifetime Member

Now the search begins!!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2019, 03:36:05 PM »

I never trust that report... ever. The years they say itís bad are good and the years they say itís good are bad. As far as easing restrictions.. they NEVER give back what they take away. One day chicken neckers will figure that out and understand why waterman fight for what they do for a living when more restrictions are drawn up

They already have.. why do you think they fight having any sort of accountability in the fishery and getting hard catch rec numbers...   Oh.. wait that's right Tree hugger 130  aka Skip from Toiletfish thinks it helps out the comms to not do that or you would get more sanctions if they knew hard catch rec numbers. laugh laugh 

Now the search begins...
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2019, 10:23:56 AM »

They already have.. why do you think they fight having any sort of accountability in the fishery and getting hard catch rec numbers...   Oh.. wait that's right Tree hugger 130  aka Skip from Toiletfish thinks it helps out the comms to not do that or you would get more sanctions if they knew hard catch rec numbers. laugh laugh 

When you post like above, it shows what a loser you are. Getting personal, which by the way is way off (Skip from Toiletfish ), tells alot about you, LOL.  There will be no rec numbers till the DNR says so. It's a lost argument on your part. laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2019, 10:29:56 AM »

Got some proof on what you posted about being dfredge report being  off? Or is that just what your opinion is?  Hope the DNR never eases restrictions based on the last 10 years of the dredge report.

Here's the DNR's proof:

And yet the watermen benefit because the restrictions put in place have helped the crab population.  More crabs, but maybe not as high prices as they would like to get. a glut of crabs could mean the buyers have the upper hand. But as the guy from Mike's told me yesterday, "We are sticking with the gulf crabs for now".

You should just go crabbing and enjoy the benefits of restrictions placed on the females. LOL  Us chicken neckers love catching the crab, laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

If the watermen were worried about their income. maybe they should have suggested restrictions back in 2008, Brenda Davis took the lead and made it happen. Not the watermen.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Summertop
Lifetime Member

Now the search begins!!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2019, 10:53:08 AM »

When you post like above, it shows what a loser you are. Getting personal, which by the way is way off (Skip from Toiletfish ), tells alot about you, LOL.  There will be no rec numbers till the DNR says so. It's a lost argument on your part. laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

You keep playing with your shrubs..the DNR will keep dredging for crabs in 5' of water for crabs in the dead of winter wondering why they draw blanks and I will keep calling you and them [bull dung].

Now the search begins...
joecrabbr

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2019, 11:33:31 AM »

Got some proof on what you posted about being dfredge report being  off? Or is that just what your opinion is?  Hope the DNR never eases restrictions based on the last 10 years of the dredge report.

Here's the DNR's proof:

And yet the watermen benefit because the restrictions put in place have helped the crab population.  More crabs, but maybe not as high prices as they would like to get. a glut of crabs could mean the buyers have the upper hand. But as the guy from Mike's told me yesterday, "We are sticking with the gulf crabs for now".

You should just go crabbing and enjoy the benefits of restrictions placed on the females. LOL  Us chicken neckers love catching the crab, laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

If the watermen were worried about their income. maybe they should have suggested restrictions back in 2008, Brenda Davis took the lead and made it happen. Not the watermen.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Catch reports are my proof. Same with everyone else who holds a commercial license. As far as your female comment.. I only eat sooks as the market for them sucks. Told you before and Iíll tell you again I could give two turds what Brenda Davis did or didnít do.

evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2019, 12:43:43 PM »

You keep playing with your shrubs..the DNR will keep dredging for crabs in 5' of water for crabs in the dead of winter wondering why they draw blanks and I will keep calling you and them [bull dung].
[/

That you in the pics, LOL. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

DNR must have found the right places this year, 60 % increase. laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2019, 01:16:45 PM »

You guys are wasting your time with this guy.  He is just a troll.  He's been drinking the tidalfish kool-aid for too long.  He aint got a bit of business sense in him to see it from a waterman's view. 

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2019, 01:28:17 PM »

how right you are,

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2019, 02:03:02 PM »

With this post, who's the troll?  Tidalfish again, must suck to be consumed with another forum, LOL.  Your last sentence is a beauty also.  The topic is about the crabs, not recs or comms. But you like to go there as a defense.  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"You guys are wasting your time with this guy.  He is just a troll.  He's been drinking the tidalfish kool-aid for too long.  He aint got a bit of business sense in him to see it from a waterman's view."
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2019, 02:03:57 PM »

how right you are,

Glad to see you posting.

Summertop
Lifetime Member

Now the search begins!!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2019, 08:13:19 PM »

[/
No Toiletfish keyboard troll.  There are probably about 50 people on here that have seen me in person.. plus the pic is labeled treehugger.jpg not my MO.  Let's grab that beer, you coming on here and spouting propaganda will take better with a physical presence, or just enjoy the troll status.   Btw.  I have broke bread with Ray and he is a real person.

That you in the pics, LOL. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

DNR must have found the right places this year, 60 % increase. laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Now the search begins...
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2019, 08:34:08 PM »

I would hope every one on BCA is a real person, LOL. Posting a pic like that, you are some kind of strange. I still believe it might be you. Surprised it's still up, guess the mods are okay with it. Maybe it comes across as manly to them, SMH

You are a waste of time for me, with your anger issues and all.  All I post is opinions , sometimes backed up with stats or articles.  Your opinion is just that.  Shame you are trying to ruin a thread with so many views. Don't like it, maybe stay off it.

As for the beer, not interested at all, I have better things to do with my time, thanks anyway. Just get together with the others and talk it up,  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Summertop
Lifetime Member

Now the search begins!!

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2019, 08:42:10 PM »

I would hope every one on BCA is a real person, LOL. Posting a pic like that, you are some kind of strange. I still believe it might be you. Surprised it's still up, guess the mods are okay with it. Maybe it comes across as manly to them, SMH

You are a waste of time for me, with your anger issues and all.  All I post is opinions , sometimes backed up with stats or articles.  Your opinion is just that.  Shame you are trying to ruin a thread with so many views. Don't like it, maybe stay off it.

As for the beer, not interested at all, I have better things to do with my time, thanks anyway. Just get together with the others and talk it up,  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

They might have let it go because since 05' this spot has people with various opinions but never someone who trolls constantly with their agenda.  So sad on the beer but I figured you would stay in the shadows...I am a waste of time but the first to call your [arse] to the mat you keep coming back for more.  Keep it coming toiletfish 

Now the search begins...
Wallco99

« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2019, 08:48:38 PM »

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'm going to EXPLODE!! LOL
Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2019, 08:50:09 PM »

They might have let it go because since 05' this spot has people with various opinions but never someone who trolls constantly with their agenda.  So sad on the beer but I figured you would stay in the shadows...I am a waste of time but the first to call your [arse] to the mat you keep coming back for more.  Keep it coming toiletfish 

Forget him.  But lets go grab a beer.

Watermen and Seafood, Can't Have One Without The Other

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home