September 20, 2019, 12:05:46 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6.9.19 wye river.  (Read 6438 times)
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2019, 10:41:31 AM »

You put your money to good use with this bada$$ setup.  Good Luck this season hope you find them.

Agreed, Lew.  That is a nice setup.  Once you get dialed in, Logan, I wouldn't want to be crabbing next to you.  Good luck this season.

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Crabs-from Logan Logan575757

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2019, 11:20:04 AM »

Thanks guys. It's a work in progress. I'm so cheap If i can build it i do. All aluminum was stuff i had at the house. She ain't pretty but the function is there for sure. Not that I'll ever need or be able to see the line but the bottom of the basket will scrape in 4.5 foot if lowered to the max. It does help when its choppy to keep the line in the water.

Masters in Redneck Engineering.
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2019, 12:15:31 PM »

Agreed, Lew.  That is a nice setup.  Once you get dialed in, Logan, I wouldn't want to be crabbing next to you.  Good luck this season.
LOL. If you're next to me you arent catching either. I know it will pick up. Just gonna keep on truckin

Billycrab

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2019, 11:50:03 AM »

Hence the reason we are in the process of purchasing land right down the road from you...   Wink Wink   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Crabby,

We bought a place just outside of Cape Charles in 2008 and ABSOLUTELY love it down there.....still have not figured out where to consistently find the jimmies as our creek is spring fed and crabs take a while to get back to where we can catch off our dock. Get lots of smalls and females....I mostly fish or just cruise around on the bay side and out to the barriers on the ocean side. You will love being down there, there's so much to see and do and now the housing market is starting to improve so more businesses and prospective homeowners are starting to invest in the area which will provide a much needed boost to the local economy. Good luck with your new purchase!!
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2019, 01:31:27 PM »

Crabby,

We bought a place just outside of Cape Charles in 2008 and ABSOLUTELY love it down there.....still have not figured out where to consistently find the jimmies as our creek is spring fed and crabs take a while to get back to where we can catch off our dock. Get lots of smalls and females....I mostly fish or just cruise around on the bay side and out to the barriers on the ocean side. You will love being down there, there's so much to see and do and now the housing market is starting to improve so more businesses and prospective homeowners are starting to invest in the area which will provide a much needed boost to the local economy. Good luck with your new purchase!!

Thanks Billy.  We will be 10 miles south of the MD line and 20 mins from Chincoteague.  We are less then 10 mins from the bay and 10 mins from the Ocean.  There is a bayside beach area less then 5 mins

We are looking forward to retiring there.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"

crabbymike17
Lifetime Member

The Crab Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2019, 08:29:41 PM »

Your setup is sweet Logan.  The angle of the line and height the crabs have to come up will out-crab any other auto-dipper around you.  Not sure if you did that intentionally or accidentally.  But it's brilliant!
partime59
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2019, 03:33:25 AM »

oh look at that little power pack on the other corner,,, know that little gem thanks to a certain old timer,,,D
Logan57
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2019, 03:11:59 PM »

Your setup is sweet Logan.  The angle of the line and height the crabs have to come up will out-crab any other auto-dipper around you.  Not sure if you did that intentionally or accidentally.  But it's brilliant!
can I get this framed? I did actually do it on purpose. This is just version 1. And it's only 24x24. Also found thatvhavingvit mounted in the rear as instead of middle really helps when you get some chop. It doesnt bounce the line nearly as much. [Sam Hill], it all came about cuz I'm to cheap to buy a real one.

Billycrab

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2019, 01:09:13 PM »

Thanks Billy.  We will be 10 miles south of the MD line and 20 mins from Chincoteague.  We are less then 10 mins from the bay and 10 mins from the Ocean.  There is a bayside beach area less then 5 mins

We are looking forward to retiring there.
Very nice....sounds like you have landed in a great area...I'm sure Jack will point you in the right direction to catch a few Va crabs!! Good luck with the retirement thing....hoping to be there myself in 4-5 years    laugh
partime59
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2019, 03:04:33 PM »

jack has a net up across the state line

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home