August 21, 2019, 07:51:14 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great ending to a windy day.  (Read 412 times)
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2019, 11:55:03 PM »

Headed out this morning to check on my boat which was at the shop for first service. I had wanted to get after some rockfish today once boat was done. As I crossed the bridge I saw a capsized boat between the two spans of the bay bridge. The sea was an angry wench this am. A hard NW blow has all the other boats run off. I stopped at the wye to see the Schnaitmanís and it was puffing Dow. That small river as well. As I sat there a crabber came in and saw me and said he recognized me from the forum. Pensy crabber was I think his title. Guess my boat and I canít hide. 😂 the wind just wasnít gonna let up. About 200 I decided to meet up with my buddy Craig KICrabber at sandy point and try and catch some perch. As we came out into the bay it didnít seem too hateful. We made an 11th hour decision and made a run through the rough seas and try and take cover on the leeward side of the bridge islands. Turned out to be a great decision. It didnít take long and it was game in on the fish. We caught about 20 just shy of the size and finished the night with our 5 man limit by 900. Biggest was 31. Beautiful evening as the wind laid down and the bay planes out.

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 11:58:39 PM »

good report , great catch and pictures

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 03:01:06 AM »

Awesome day, Al. Looks like you had a blast.
discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 06:39:55 AM »

Looks like a great time to me. Nice going.
crewstation
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 08:30:53 AM »

Nice report.  Those are prime "eatin' size" rocks.

Oh, de crab, he taste so fine.
Yuh catch 'um wid a neck an' a line.
Bile de water 'til 'e good 'n hot.
Den eat de crab strait from 'de pot.

Oh, de beer, he taste so chilly.
Drinks it 'til I gets too silly.
Washin' down 'de crab an' butter.
If I doesn't fall down, I'll 'ave anudder.

BirdsNestKing
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 08:58:33 AM »

Sometimes you just gotta go for it.

At the end of the day, it's not about how many fish or crabs you put in the cooler but about how many memories you put in your life and the lives of your "mates".
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 09:24:10 AM »

Nice job, you sure are getting your money's worth out of the new boat.
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 09:58:05 AM »

Nice job, you sure are getting your money's worth out of the new boat.
Thatís what my wife says too. 😂😂 she said ďyou just went fishing last monthĒ. I told her  I didnít buy the boat to sit on the trailer.

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
evinrude 130
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 02:24:19 PM »

Neighbor down the street retired in February. Any good weather day he has been out fishing. I'm envious, but my time is coming up real soon. When the wind dies down and the temps get right, I'll be out there on the boat. Fair weather boater here, I have patience the summer will kick in eventually. Crab in the morning, fish in the evening.

Glad you are enjoying your boat with family and a lot of trips. Enjoying life as you get older is a must. No need to work hard all the time unless you need too. You can't take the money with you when you pass.But you do have the memories, knowing you enjoyed yourself as much as possible.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 11:09:12 AM »

[dang] Al, is that MUD I see on that deck? GET THAT OFF OF THERE. Lol.

shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 12:38:28 PM »

Blood not mud. 😂😂

Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 12:52:12 PM »

Blood not mud. 😂😂
Looks like you should have brought your hose man for that one. LOL.
r_ventura_23

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 10:01:37 AM »

Nice photos.  What is the size limit down there?
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 04:57:54 PM »

19Ē

MCC CRAB

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 07:35:40 AM »

Nice job I have been out two times, and wind has been a bit of an issue both of them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home