September 17, 2019, 09:02:31 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New cooler  (Read 486 times)
shedking
Lifetime Member

Choot em

Al Sheely

Ignore
« on: June 19, 2019, 08:49:41 PM »

Just scored a new bait/crab cooler off Facebook market place for 200$ Nice big double door unit. What temp should I set it at to hold crabs live?  Happy camper right now.

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 09:15:39 PM »

Just scored a new bait/crab cooler off Facebook market place for 200$ Nice big double door unit. What temp should I set it at to hold crabs live?  Happy camper right now.

50 - 55* is optimal

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 11:42:26 PM »

NICE

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
talltail
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 10:31:35 AM »

I run mine at 48 with a 9 degree differential and I leave the door cracked so they have air. If you know some one who works on coolers have them wire the evaporator motor so it will not run all the time. This will help in keeping the moisture in the crabs. If not just cover with a burlap blanket and keep wet.

Never confuse intelligence with common sense.

The toes you step on today may be attached to the foot in your arse tomorrow.
discover
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 12:29:54 PM »

Awesome. Looks perfect to bring to the Wye Party.  laugh laugh

partime59
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 12:35:00 PM »

if there is an inside fan, disconnect it, also having the inside coil up top is optimal, if not, pay an ac guy to move it up or take a night class at community college and do it yourself. the box is probably already set up this way but some are ordered for different things,,, i dont like leaving the door cracked open for air exchange but a small hole in the top that can be plugged later if need is enough for them to breathe  1/2" on each side
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 02:04:31 PM »

Before you go unhooking fans, leaving doors open, drilling holes, etc., why don't you experiment with keeping some crabs on your own. You may not have to do any of those things.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 05:59:00 PM »

Before you go unhooking fans, leaving doors open, drilling holes, etc., why don't you experiment with keeping some crabs on your own. You may not have to do any of those things.

Now THERE is a good idea!! Sometimes the obvious just gets totally overlooked.
shedhunta

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 06:11:33 PM »

I run mine at 48 with a 9 degree differential and I leave the door cracked so they have air. If you know some one who works on coolers have them wire the evaporator motor so it will not run all the time. This will help in keeping the moisture in the crabs. If not just cover with a burlap blanket and keep wet.

Did this with mine.  This is key!!
partime59
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 06:52:02 PM »

the new green commercial buildings have sensors that tell the hvac system when to add make up air instead of the old fixed system that was rated to building occupancy, now the higher end homes are getting it to increase savings on electric, so the day is coming it will be mandatory on all new homes and the price will be chinese cheap which will trickle down to little projects like this. pretty sure some of the japanese mini split companies are offering something with a temp transfer box

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home