July 19, 2019, 10:27:19 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHINCOTEAGUE BAY CREEK - JULY 1  (Read 363 times)
charlietuna

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2019, 07:56:29 PM »

25 topless traps, CNs, 5-10 ft, 81 degrees H2O surface

Put in really early, around 0630, and immediately hit crabs.  Averaging a crab or more in 75% pulls.  But as anyone in this area knows, two things are reality:
1) the saltier the water, or closer to the inlet, the more the ratio changes to more females and eventually, only females.
2) a 7" male crab is a lifetime catch around here. 

Christened my newly redone Hobie Skiff...love those boats.  After rebuilding the carbs, ran like a swiss watch.  Nice idle speed in gear...creeps up on the traps nicely. 

Net result: No pics this time because I was on pins and needles commissioning the boat.  More 4 7/8" crabs than I've ever seen.  But I was able to basket 60 males between 5 1/8 - 6 1/2".  Where I crabbed, no females, but did have three doubles, and the males were all nice sized keepers child molesting barely teen-aged females that were still hard with the triangle apron...the only three females in the traps, and only because they were dragged out of the salt back into the back waters, I suppose. 

Next week, it's over to real crabland in the Crisfield area.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 08:27:12 PM »

25 topless traps, CNs, 5-10 ft, 81 degrees H2O surface

Put in really early, around 0630, and immediately hit crabs.  Averaging a crab or more in 75% pulls.  But as anyone in this area knows, two things are reality:
1) the saltier the water, or closer to the inlet, the more the ratio changes to more females and eventually, only females.
2) a 7" male crab is a lifetime catch around here.  

Christened my newly redone Hobie Skiff...love those boats.  After rebuilding the carbs, ran like a swiss watch.  Nice idle speed in gear...creeps up on the traps nicely.  

Net result: No pics this time because I was on pins and needles commissioning the boat.  More 4 7/8" crabs than I've ever seen.  But I was able to basket 60 males between 5 1/8 - 6 1/2".  Where I crabbed, no females, but did have three doubles, and the males were all nice sized keepers child molesting barely teen-aged females that were still hard with the triangle apron...the only three females in the traps, and only because they were dragged out of the salt back into the back waters, I suppose.  

Next week, it's over to real crabland in the Crisfield area.
thumbsup on the 7+ comment...  Wink Small crabs are everywhere this year...

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 09:19:54 PM »

nice report and catch

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: